It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who would you trade back into the 1st round to get?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:12 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm sure most of you are now aware that there continue to be rumors about the Falcons offering up guys like Schaub, Demorrio Williams, Lavalais, and Duckett as possible draft day trade bait in their attempts to get back into the first round. It would see Schaub and Demorrio are the most likely to be traded because they have the highest value.

But if the Falcons were able to trade back in the second half of the first round (picks #16-32), who would you want the team to take? I would assume that the team would be looking mostly at a RB or CB like DeAngelo Williams, Lendale White, Maroney, or Tye Hill, or Jonathan Joseph, or even Cromartie or Jimmy Williams if available. And even though I think White is head and heels above the all but a handful of players in this draft, I think if I'm McKay and I'm trading back into Round 1, I'm going to either go after White or C Nick Mangold. There is just something abotu getting an anchor for your OL for 10 years that intrigues me more tha what is a solid RB and CB class.

If such a trade happened, I think we could still get a decent CB in ROund 2 (if that pick wasn't part of the trade) or in Round 3. Not as good of course, but I could live for another year if Chris Cash was our top option at the nickel spot, and focus on getting a good CB in 2007.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Good question!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:51 am 

Interesting question pudge certainly something to think about. Personally I would want Deangelo Williams but I have heard that Maroney could be a steal and sleeper even though he has alot of pub.I wouldn't mind White a powerful runner who certainly would be different thasn Dunn a slasher. Mangold, I think he will anchor a line for the next 8 yrs so if it was him I would like. Mckay in the past i don't remember him going up to get a off linemen? At least with Mangold our center wouldn't be beat by def tackles all the time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:55 am 

He traded up to get Kenyatta Walker. I think he moved up 7 or 8 spots in Round 1 back in 2001.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:45 am 

I'd do it for the following players:

DeAngelo Williams, Nick Mangold, Winston Justice, Tye Hill, Michael Huff (stock is dropping fast), Laurence Maroney, Donte Whinter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:21 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I would do it for Jonathan Joseph, Jimmy Williams, Cromartie or possibly Youboty. One of the top coverage corners (the cover 3 has got to go!). The draft in '07 is loaded at the RB position and I would take one in the first.

If we do take a back I at least hope he is a back that doesn't run straight up and that has good leg drive after the initial hit.

"Defense wins championships"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:48 am 

Jonthan Joseph = Overrated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Jospeh is over-rated...

the only 2 CB's I'd be willing to trade up for would be J Williams or Cromartie.....maybe, maybe Ty Hill....but I don't like midget corners