Schuab Trade Question

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Schuab Trade Question

Postby starley657 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:53 pm

Okay, I am bored so I figured I would throw a couple of questions out there. First, if we do trade Schuab, would you rather have Minnesota's first round pick and maybe a late pick or Minnesota's two 2nd round picks?

I personally would rather have their two 2nd round picks. I think we would be able to get everyone we want with three 2nd round and two 3rd round picks.

So what do you think?

Pick 47 - Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska
Pick 48 - Cedric Griffin, CB, Texas (I would love to get Kelly Jennings here, but I think he'll be gone by this pick.)
Pick 51 - Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State
Pick 79 - Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconsin
Pick 93 - Victor Adeyanju, DE, Indiana

Like I said, I am bored waiting for the draft to happen so I figured I would throw this out there. I know Minnesota probably won't trade their two second rounders, but still it's nice to think they would. Well, only two weeks until the draft.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:23 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A team gets far more dollar to talent value in the 2nd round then they ever do in the 1st (in most cases). I would take a pair of 2nd rounders over a middle 1st round pick in most cases. That and McKay usually has his best picks in the middle of the draft. McKay is a value drafter.

IMO 47 is too high to pick Griffin. Maybe late 2nd at the earliest. The 3rd round he would become a quality value pick.
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The War Room”