It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jason Allen
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:57 am 
Starter
Starter

I've been going to this site for a while and I read all the stuff yall write on here...and finally I signed up here.. I read alot about read on all this forum and the atlantafalcons.com forum alot about Jason Allen and how you all like him...i red on ESPN and I can't find the link anymore, that he is falling because he is failing teams physicals about his hip...he could fall to us in the second...

i dunno i thought i should add that...

Post subject: Thanks for the info!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:08 am 

Whoever drafts Allen will certainly have every doctor chk him.They are not going to gamble millions of dollars away on a risky investment,lets hope not.If allen chks out good and is available and if Marshall or some other quality prospect not expecting to fall isn't there then allen would be worth the pick.Thanks for the info!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:42 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Tennessee defensive back Jason Allen's medical reports are drawing red flags. Allen was rated as a possible top 15 pick previous to a hip dislocation this fall that forced him to miss most of the 2005 season. The former Vol was zooming back up the board after running the 40 in 4.39 seconds and posting a 39 1/2-inch vertical. In a reversal of thought, now there are concerns that Allen's hip could be a degenerative condition.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5483180

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:36 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, as always in the NFL, there's always going to be a group of doctors that give you the thumbs up. Somebody is going to take him. He's too good not go. IMO, Allen is the ideal player to be a Cover-2 corner just like Ronde Barber. He can play CB or S in the nFL, but his best position is probably CB in the Cover 2 or as a free safety.

If he can remain healthy, he's going to make some team very happy.

BUt in truth, I doubt that his hip is degenerative. I just had a long convo with my dad about degenerative conditions, and frankly, the likelihood that this injury has been discovered now means i think it's just an NFL team spreading false information in hopes it hurts Allen's stock and he falls to them.

As my dad (who is a doctor) explained, it was degenerative conditions that ended Garrison Hearst and Bo Jackson's career. Also the fact that this is coming out nearly 2 months after the Combine, makes me even more skeptical. 32 different sets of doctors have basically poked and prodded him in teh time since, and it's now 2 weeks before the draft that whispers of his injury being degenerative are coming? You're telling me MRI results take 2 months to evaluate?

As my father explained, the degenerative conditions of Jackson and Hearst were very easy to spot as it cost them a lot of playing time due to rehabbing and neither were ever able to bounce back. As you may recall, Hearst suffered his injury vs. the Falcons in '98 playoffs on the first play from scrimmage.

The only way I think this report may be true is if the running of this 40 caused several problems afterwards with that hip. Only if he reinjured his hip after his pro day and since the condition has been discovered. But again, that's doubtful since I'm sure other doctors would have recognized the signs much earlier, and I don't think Allen's agents are that good to prevent any talk about Allen's injuries going public for 2 months, not in our current age where you can find every scrap of draft info at the click of a mouse.

Profile E-mail