It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: White has torn hamstring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:47 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3707673

Looks like it's a very good reaosn to drop. But frankly, I still don't see him falling to Round 2. The Bills picked up McGahee, with him coming off an ACL tear.

The tape speaks for itself on White. For anybody that's viewed enough of that, the torn hamstring is worth a grain of salt. The question you have to ask yourself is are the things we're hearing about his work ethic true? And that shouldn't be a hard question to answer, because that should have been settled in the interviews your team has done with him.

I find it interesting that Laurence Maroney, who's been injured all off-season stock hasn't changed much (arguably it's risen) as a mid to late 1st rounder, most having him go in the 20s.

I still see a team like Jacksonville, Carolina, or Pittsburgh taking him. Just like the Bills did with McGahee, and the Saints took McAllister. All those teams already have a starting RB in place, so they aren't under pressure to get White to perform right away. Instead, they can rest him for as long as it takes, and then work him into the lineup at midseason or 2007 at the latest. Considering the results the Bills and Saints have reaped, and the performances of Henry and Ricky Williams since those young guys were drafted in Round 1, it wasn't a mistake.

One rule that should always be followed in the NFL, is that it rarely hurts to draft a quality RB. RB is one of those low bust potential positions. Frankly, almost all top backs that have been busts usually was caused by injury. And then a lot of guys that struggled early in their careers have since flourished (Tiki Barber & Thomas Jones too immediate examples).

I would love to have White, and this revelation of a torn hamstring would seem to indicate his stock will fall further, but I don't think so. He's too good a player to not get drafted in the first round.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Whew I thought you meant Roddy!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:18 pm 

I am glad it wasn't Roddy that tore his hamstring.That explains why White isn't running in the 40.

Profile E-mail