It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Second Round pick what if question who to take?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:53 pm 

Looking at the prospects for the 2nd round I am wondering what the Falcon's should do given the set of cirmctances.

If the usual players have already been taken .Joesph,Cromartie,Marshall,Youtby,Hill,Jimmy Williams,Jennings but are left with Tim Jennings or another CB AND a player like Ko Simpson is there for you to take who would you take. You can't take Colledge even though he should be taken with this pick since I don't think he will last till the falcon's 3rd rounder.

A.Jennings
B.Simpson
C.another player

I think Simpson could be a pro bowler but corners are extremely difficult to find who can cover fast receivers. Who do you pick or is there another player worthy of the 2nd round pick.I am thinking Addai but I would wait a little longer to draft a running back.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:03 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm not too impressed with this year's safety class. Simpson would be a good pickup, but at this point, I think we could get a better CB than him in Round 2. I think a player like Marshall, Youboty, or Kelly Jennings will be available at #47.

A RB like Addai, Drew, or Calhoun would be excellent picks as well.

Knowing McKay, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Falcons go in a completely different direction besides RB, CB, S, or OT, although I think most agree those are our biggest needs. Like it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see us go after a WR like Stovall, OL like Davin Joseph, or a DT like Oshinowo in Round 2.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I hope Mckay doesn't pull a Dan Reeve's!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:38 pm 

Remember when the Falcon's drafted with Reeve's at the helm.There was no way in the world anyone could have predicted his draft picks. Bryan Scott came out of left field and while many thought the falcon's would take Javon Walker or the Denver recevier the falcon's took Duckett. I hope Mckay doesn't throw someone out of left field. Mckay has surprised with drafting jenkins or roddy white but we all knew the falcon's needed receiver help.

I would think that corner would be the pick with the seoncd round.Corners prices in free agency are off the charts and they are hard to find.Def tackles are more unpredictable in terms of NFL success. Well have to see but lets hope it is a need and the best player is taken.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:29 pm 

DeAngelo Hall was a no-brainer, but hte rest of the Falcons 1st day picks have all been surprises, at least to me. Jenkins, White, Babineaux, Beck, and Schaub. In all 5 cases, either I felt we might take a player at that position, but not that early (e.g. Jenkins, Babineaux, Beck), or we took a player at a position that I thought was hardly a need (e.g. White & Schaub).

It seems likely that our first selection will be a OT, RB, S, or CB, but it just seems to me that McKay is going to take the best player available, which could wind up being a position like WR, G, or DT.

I'm many of us will disagree on whether that particularly player is the best available, but I'm sure we're going to get a good player nonetheless. I have yet to be disappointed with a McKay pick on the 1st day. Beck & Schaub seem to be the only ones that may not be starters here in Atlanta, but I suspect once both players have moved on from Atlanta, we'll be able to look back and say that they perhaps weren't starters, but did manage to contribute significantly to the team.

Profile E-mail