It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lendale White
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:27 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

He is starting to fall in the draft. Without participating in USC's "Pro-Day", that hurt him significantly. My question is, does he fall to #15 in Round 2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:47 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

No, he's not falling to Round 2, not with 4 teams needing RBs at the end of Round 1: Carolina, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh. Of course, none of those teams besides the Colts really need a back, but all 4 wouldn't pass up on a player like White, especailly Carolina or Pittsburgh where White fits perfectly into their offense.

And sitting at #47, we would have to trade all of our first day picks to even have a chance of trading back into the late first to jump ahead of those guys to get him.

I would love if we got White, because IMO he's a Top 5 talent. BUt this team isn't in a position that giving up so much for White, who probably would only get 100-150 carries this year is going to help it in the short term. Long term, it would be a great move since White would be the best back in Atlanta since the days of Riggs & Andrews, but we have enough pressing needs elsewhere that we need to address them first.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:50 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

ya know I have always been a huge White supporter...but with his recent behavior at the combine and showing up as out of shape as it is being reported he did I don't know about him.

I mean he had to know this was coming but he wasn't ready. I don't buy the bit about being hurt to be honest. I don't know what to think about all this.

If he's there at 47 I am all for it but I wouldn't even begin to think about trading away first day picks to move up and get him...

DeAngelo Williams on the other hand...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:04 pm 

White screams Duckett II. I'd stay away from him if I was a GM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:03 pm 

dirtybirdnw wrote:
White screams Duckett II. I'd stay away from him if I was a GM.

I disagree, but to each his own. Watching White the past 2 years and Duckett in his days at Michigan State, you can see a huge difference. Duckett just had freakish size, no acceleration, and not a ton of vision because he was still learning the RB position. White on the other hand has vision and burst and knows how to use his 2nd gear.

Duckett is entering his 8th year playing the RB position. White has played it his entire life and has shown more ability at age 21 than Duckett has ever shown at 25.

Unlike Duckett, WHite would be a superstar in our offense. He possesses the intangibles and knows the intracacies of the RB position to be able to excel. Duckett relies purely off physical talent, and it's why Warrick Dunn continues to outshine him even though he's 6 years older.

Profile E-mail