It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anchorman Austin tweets again!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:33 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

- :shock: :shock: :shock: :clap: :clap: :clap: OH NOW ITS GETTING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!! My boy Marvin Austin to the rescue! PO'd his former teammate McAdoo is suspended for plagarism ( :naughty: never in chapil hill) and not allowed to return to team per ncaa hearing. READ the tweets.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/au ... uling-ncaa

Austin vents on Twitter about McAdoo ruling, NCAA
Submitted by LJPerez on 07/14/2011 - 11:14
Tags: ACC Now | Durham Superior Court | Marvin Austin | Michael McAdoo | NCAA investigation | plagiarism | UNC
Former UNC defensive lineman Marvin Austin's comments on Twitter first drew the attention of NCAA investigators last year as he tweeted about a party in Miami and other good times.

Wednesday, in the aftermath of a Durham Superior Court ruling that denied his former Tar Heels teammate Michael McAdoo an injunction that would have allowed McAdoo to resume playing with the Tar Heels this fall, Austin unleashed a series of tweets on his @anchormanaustin account expressing his frustration and apparently threatening to reveal more about North Carolina's football program and the ongoing NCAA investigation.

Shortly before 7 p.m. Wednesday, the following message was posted on the @anchormanaustin account: "I'm so heated right now...justice will provail..even if I have to spill the beans"

That tweet was followed by eight more posted over the course of Wednesday evening:

anchormanaustin
This is so frustrating right now..I can't rap my head around it..I wish I could understand but maybe its not logical enough to understand

anchormanaustin
Twitter I'm not bitter I just don't like the way my friend, teammate,brother was mislead,misued, and ostrisized from the program for the

anchormanaustin
Same reasons that others got suspened and are able to play for because I know exactly the details in each case and its noway that this young

anchormanaustin
Man should have his dream snatched from him like the #ncaa has done.I can tell you so many stories that would be mind boggling in comparison

anchormanaustin
Trust me I know....I love my school..I chose to come here when nobody thought it was smart to do..but I just wish the administration stood

anchormanaustin
And stop the cowardly acts when the are in front of the ncaa just tell them what you told us...don't turn and twist your story to look

anchormanaustin
Appealing to the Ncaa and presure the 21 year old athlete to say and do things that aren't in there best interest...its so much that's not

anchormanaustin
Said it stings when I think about it Unc true fans understand how we as players love this place it tatted in blood for most guys on the team

This morning, Austin, who was drafted by the New York Giants in this spring's NFL draft, offered one more Tweet:

anchormanaustin
Up and off to work....great day to be a tarheeel....imma grind tell my feet fall off #grindmode

Read more: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/au ... z1S8ZVRaBu

Post subject: Re: Anchorman Austin tweets again!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:08 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

If I was a college coach, I would be policing twitter quite a bit. Football players + Twitter = Good Results. Especially when those football players are 20 and 21 years old and don't know squadoosh. I know I didn't at that age.

Profile E-mail