It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scout: Terrelle Pryor a mid-round pick at best
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:58 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'd have to agree, without playing his senior season, I really can't see an NFL team doing more than spending a 7th round pick on him in a supplemental draft.

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc ... FL%20Draft

Scout: Terrelle Pryor a mid-round pick at best
Posted on: June 4, 2011 4:45 pm
Score: 138
Log-in to rate:

Log-in to rate:

There has been a great deal of speculation that Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor would make the jump to the NFL via the July supplemental draft, but I spoke with two NFL sources in the past few days that believe Pryor would be making a mistake in doing so.

One source characterized Pryor as a "mid-round pick at best" if he were to enter the supplemental draft. Both sources questioned whether the Buckeye passer had the poise and accuracy to be successful in the NFL.

Perhaps just as interesting is the fact that both sources had reservations about the 6-6, 235 pound Pryor's ability to make the transition from quarterback to wide receiver or any other position in the NFL. Pryor was characterized as a "basketball player playing football" and one whose lack of maturity could make it difficult for him to find a niche in the pro game despite his obviously unique combination of size and athleticism.

Pryor, of course, was suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season after it was discovered that he and several teammates had received free tattoos in exchange for memorabilia gained from playing at Ohio State.

Pryor is currently rated as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 4 senior quarterback prospect and a 2nd-3rd round value. The NFL sources were considerably lower on him, however, and weren't shy with their concerns.

Said one scout, “He [Pryor] is a nice college player playing in a system that caters to his strengths. He’s a basketball player playing football, though, when it comes to the NFL. He’s not a quarterback. He doesn’t have the makeup, the release or the accuracy for it. And he isn’t one of those guys that you can make into another position. He’s going to run well and people are going to get excited about him, but he isn’t a football player. What you’ve seen at Ohio State – on the field and off – is what you get with him.”

I sent in the initial article to my editors today and expect to see the finished product on NFLDraftScout.com on Monday.

Profile E-mail