It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dirty's Draft v4.0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 pm 

Doh! With the Falcons aquiring Gandy I don't see us taking Colledge or any other tackle now. Another revision coming soon.

Round 2: CB Richard Marshall, Fresno State, I'm buying into Pudge's Marshall theory. I'm not entirely sure he will be here and think he could go as high as New England in the 1st round. He would be an excellent choice here none the less. I had to dump the Ko Simpson choice with so much scuttle about his immaturity in the team interviews. I doubt Atlanta selects someone like that.

Round 3: C Chris Chester, Oklahoma, Originally I had him tabbed as a 7th rounder but his stock as since sky-rocketed. One of the few players that I think merits following the rising stock. The guy is built perfectly for Gibbs' system and I believe will accel on the next level.

Round 3 (From Denver): RB Maurice Drew, UCLA, Most folks know I'm not high on Drew at least not this high in the draft. Many mock's are calling this a value pick in the late third round and well Warrick Dunn isn't getting younger. Drew does fit the "Dunn Mold" that Atlanta needs for the offense to work. My biggest concern with Drew is durability. Can he carry the load? We had the same questions about Dunn and Drew could lead to a repeat of history. If we draft Drew we MUST aquire a quality #1b option. I had to make this change for a few reasons. The Falcons are starting to make noise about him (could be smoke) and we did add Cable who coached UCLA's offensive line. Cable would know best whether or Drew would do well in our system.

Round 5: WR Mike Hass, Oregon State, No his numbers won't make you go "WOW!" but his tape will. Mike Hass is a football player and a very savvy one at that. He went from a walk on at Oregon State to one of the best receivers in the country but still hasn't gotten much love. At the very least he's a shorter version of Brian Finneran. At the most he could be a McCaffery type player. The only real knock I have on him is speed. He may have a hard time getting seperation.

Round 6: TE Troy Bienemann, Washington State, I just had to mention that Bienemann is quickly gaining "diamond in the rough" status which also means his stock is rising. I really believe with one of the Falcon's late picks they need to draft a backup tight end. After Crumpler we have no one that impresses me in any way shape or form. Bienemann won't be a regular starter at the NFL level but he is a excellent backup/#2 option and special teams player (hands unit). He is a good blocker, smart player, and has soft hands. He does suffer from a few nagging injuries but I don't think it will be a long term issue. One more bonus: Bienemann can long snap and I don't believe we really have a LS set yet.
(My other option here is TE Jeff King out of Virignia Tech. I don't think he will be around in the 6th but if he is I'd take him over Bienemann)

Round 7: S Scott Ware, USC, a sleeper pick here in the 7th round. At this point he is primarily a special teams player and Atlanta always looks for top ST guys. I think Ware could also be a project player at safety who may develop into a steady player. He is raw with 1 year starting under his belt but it was with USC and he faced plenty of top flight teams.

Last edited by dirtybirdnw on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:30 pm 

Updated Mock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:57 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I like the first 3 picks. Hass is like Ricky Proehl. Both of whom I think would look really good in a Falcons uniform. Bienemann and Raiola are role players, but not bad ones at all. Do you envision Raiola moving to OG?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:30 pm 

Pudge wrote:
I like the first 3 picks. Hass is like Ricky Proehl. Both of whom I think would look really good in a Falcons uniform. Bienemann and Raiola are role players, but not bad ones at all. Do you envision Raiola moving to OG?

Heh... If forgot to revise the Raiola pick since I added Chester in the third round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:34 pm 

Updated.