It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Too many scouting reports
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I decided to look over my notes just to see how many profiles I have to do, and it was a lot more than I thought.

I counted 210 players that I had seen enough of to write a semi-informed scouting report of, and another 54 that I had seen at least once where I could fake it.

So I look at those 210 and then reduced it to around 175 that I do want to do reports for. And I got that 54 down to 5 that I definitely want to do (so I'll try to watch at least 1 more game of theirs), and another 15 or so that if I have time at the end I'll try and do. Not to mention there are a few more smaller school guys (like Will Rackley) that I want to get a look at before, so that means a few more games to watch there as well.

And I'm hoping I've posted my last profiles by April 24, the Sunday before the draft. So that gives me 27 days.

Which means in order to do those 180+ profiles done, I'll have to post at least 6 a day between now and April 24. That's quite a bit of work, something I can do if I commit to it, but I just want to state that I'll probably be a lot less "thorough" with the reports since that is the case.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Too many scouting reports
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:33 pm 

No problem Pudge. Whatever you get done I'm sure the board is fine with. Maybe the higher profile players you could get done first? The players who may go undrafted leave to last or not do.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Too many scouting reports
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:32 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Does sound like a lot of work.

I think, were I you, I'd prioritize by likely top 60-80 picks first, and then guys the Falcons are likely to have an interest in 2nd, and then the others. That way, you hit the picks most everyone cares about, and then the ones your core followers care about, and then the rest.

That way, if you don't have lengthy reports on certain prospects, they'll be likely mid to late rounders that don't seem to be likely Falcon candidates.