Scout's hopeful mock draft

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

thescout

Scout's hopeful mock draft

Postby thescout » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:44 pm

I've already added my mock draft that I think could happen but below are the players I hope some how through luck or tradiing up or down I hope the Falcon's can acquire and what rounds.

1.Ryan Kerrigan or Torrey Smith
2. Kyle Rudolph/Randall Cobb/Jerrel Jernigan
3.DJ Williams/Kendal Hunter
4.Graig Cooper,Jacque Rodgers/Dion Lewis
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Re: Scout's hopeful mock draft

Postby Pudge » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:50 am

I'm not convinced Cobb would blossom in the Falcons offense without a major overhaul. The same could be said of Jernigan. And thusly, I think would be reaches for the Falcons in Round 2. If they were to fall to Round 3, then I think they would be worthwhile for the Falcons. As I've stated before, I think it would be a mistake of the Falcons to target an undersized, strictly slot receiver that early in the draft.

Cooper, IMO would be a reach in the 4th round. He's at best a 7th round pick for the Falcons.

But most everything else I agree with.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

thescout

Re: Scout's hopeful mock draft

Postby thescout » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 am

Thanks for your insight Pudge. Interesting you feel Jernigan and Cobb would be overdrafted round 2 at least in our offense. So if slot isn't a high priority because either Douglas is healthier than first thought and can bounce back then no2 receiver would seem to be a more pressing need and there are not alot of them reviewing the prospects. It would be nice to have a combo slot/no2 receiver and I think there is a decent chance Torrey Smith could be drafted 27 or move down and get him. He runs tomorrow in Maryland's pro day. Hankerson as done well but I really don't see him drafted at 27 and Titus Young would be overdrafting him at 27.

I'm realy wanting a vet playing nickel back since we failed with a few no3 picks and who knows maybe Owens the magic light bulb comes on.Here is a revised wish list and where the players could fall based of the huddle report value chart and the reviews on Falcfans give or take a few slots.

After round 1 there just isn't much at def end to develop as a no2 def end.I like the upside of Hudson/Carter and doubt Rudolph gets close to the Falcs 2nd rd pick but we could trade up? If not Rudolph rd 2 then DJ Williams rd 3 at tight end.There will be enough running backs to last till rd 4 and you can add Jaque Rogers to the list.Pettis might not be fast but an excellent possession receiver.Rd 5 Gates gives us burner speed if no receiver in prior rounds,Kerley would be an excellent pick at slot or Dion Lewis could give us some added speed and a receiving at running back. Alot is predicated on what happens in previous rounds. I think if we don't go slot no2 pick it opens things up for other positions which will make it interesting. There's a chance both Kerrrigan and smith are gone by 27 thus a few more names may need to be added but I feel both have good upside to be good pros.

I'm sticking with these selections then based on your feedback.

1. Kerrigan/Torrey Smith
2. Rudolph/Bruce Carter/Rodney Hudson
3.D J Williams/Kendall Hunter/Jernigan or Cobb
4.Delone Carter/Shane Vereen/Derrick Locke/Austin Pettis
5.Edward Gates/Jeremy Kerley/Dion Lewis
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

Return to “The War Room”