A new mock draft

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

A new mock draft

Postby Pudge » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:54 am

"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

thescout

Re: A new mock draft

Postby thescout » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Nice mock Pudge. Question you don't think Jordan could play in a 4-3 defense? Who will be the more productive player if both Kerrigan and Jordan played in a 4-3? You know I really like Kerrigan but Jordan made everyone look bad at the Senior Bowl. I love Kerrigans blue collar work ethic. TD would like him also 4 yr starter(captain)and always hustles. We both know the draft isn't an exact science maybe Kerrgian turns into more than we bargained for. We really need some playmakers and hopefully a good defensive end is available. Maybe Biermann bounces back and Sid shows something but I'm not holding my breath.
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Jordan is a 3-4 defensive end pure and through. If any 4-3 team drafts him, they are retarded.

thescout

Postby thescout » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:37 pm

I think a key pick if one of the def ends drops to Atlanta is Jacksonville. They gave Garrard a big contract and he hasn't lived up to it. Would they go for a QB is a key question.Jack Del Rio is on the hot seat and with a rookie QB taken first its going to take time to develop him. Maybe a more impactful player would be a def end. If Jacksonville passes on a def end there is a chance one of the def ends drops to the Falcon's.

San Diego takes Watt over Cameron Jordan?
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:42 am

Yes, I have Watt going ahead of Jordan because despite Jordan's strong week at the Senior Bowl, I don't see him having elite potential.

Jordan is the superior athlete and I think he's going to be a very good pro. But I think his potential is more in line with someone like Antonio Smith in that he'll be a good pass rusher and good run stopper, but not great in either.

I think Watt has the potential to be a better run defender and probably just as good a pass rusher, which I think gives him higher upside, and I think is closer to an Aaron Smith type of 3-4 DE.

But Jordan at the same time has a lesser learning curve because he's used to playing in a 3-4 scheme, while Watt will be converting from a 4-3 scheme at Wisconsin.

Those guys could easily flip flop as until Watt declared, I had Jordan as a projected Top 20 pick.

Return to “The War Room”