the REAL No Fun League...what BS

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

the REAL No Fun League...what BS

Postby backnblack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:49 pm

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: the REAL No Fun League...what BS

Postby DaveWaz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Wow how stupid? Celebrating a great play is natural as your supposed to be having a good time, it is a game right? These rules are so stupid, but hey as long as they know suckers like us will still watch they will keep ruining the game we love..... sad
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 am

I probably dislike the UGA dawgs more than any college team but that play they mention here was an absolutely horrible call and I recall watching it live and feeling like they really got jobbed. Taking points off the board for a judgement type call regarding unsportsmanlike conduct? That is unsportsmanlike. If the guy were tossed from the game it would work just as well or better and would not be an attempt to unring a bell. Personally, I think it is much ado about nothing.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 am

They mentioned the K-State bowl game, and until that game, with the new rule change, I hadn't thought it was a big deal. But when the guy saluted and they tacked on 15, basically costing K-State the game, knowing that a year from now that same TD would have been taken off the board, it was like "Wow, they really screwed the pooch on this one."

Remember a year ago when Jake Locker ran in a touchdown and then flipped the ball up in the air over his shoulder and began hugging his teammates. That was a 15-yard unsportsmanlike. Cost them the game too.

I like college football, but I'm betting that this rule gets changed after this year. When we have a couple of games decided because of benign penalties, the NCAA rules committee will probably say, "Yeah, this seemed like a good idea on paper. But we realized it's an impossible rule to fairly enforce."
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

OGDraft
Veteran
Veteran

Postby OGDraft » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 pm

f**** gay
Check out my site - http://ogdraft.com/

Return to “The War Room”