It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL Countdown has new mock draft
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:00 am 

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I pay close attention to this draft site since it is the most accurate over I believe the last 3 yrs.It predicts the falcon's to take AdamTerry 1st round and Mike Nugent 2nd round.I have a problem with Terry since Roth is on the board going high in the second round.I think Terry goes in in the middle of the second round.Given the players left on the board on this draft site I would still take roth no1 ,nugent no2 I have no problem since I think he will be as good as venitari and Green in the 3rd. The 4th round I take an off tackle Nick Kazcur.It may be the falcon's management values a immediate in protecting Vick so if we go tackle in round 1 Kahliff Barnes,if receiver was the goal mark clayton.He is not as tall as I want but the guy is an impact player and runs good routes which is something thre falcon's desperately need.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:18 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

From some sources, Roth might be falling because scouts walked away from the Senior Bowl practices very impressed, but some were not so sure he projected best as DE. Some thought of him more as a tweener. Of course, that is one source's interpretation (The Insiders.com).

I think Kaczur is probably going to go in Round 3.

My latest mock had Terry going #28 to San Diego. I think he's going to go in Round 1. He's got great size (6-8) and if he lifts well at the Combine, he's going to be the forerunner as the #2 LT taken in the draft. Barnes I think is it right, now but he's shot up so fast up the boards lately, I think it may be a bit too fast, and he may slip a bit in the coming months. But I still think both are likely to be 1st rounders at this point, and I doubt either will drop out the top 35-40 picks.

I'm really against drafting rookie kickers, especially in the second round and I think it's very doubtful that McKay would make such a move. I do realize that he did take Gramatica in Round 3 in 1999, but I don't see McKay pulling the trigger that early on Nugent, although it is doubtful he will be there when our 3rd round pick (#90) rolls around. That's mainly because I do suspect the Falcons will re-sign Feely, and if that's the case, then McKay is not going to "waste" a pick on a guy that is no sure-fire bet to make the roster. I think it will be interesting to see how Nugent kicks in the Combines. That will be the test, if he can kick well indoors. If not, then we should pass, because believe it or not, there are some kickers out there that don't kick well indoors, and Feely is one of them. I think the Falcons best hope for salvation this off-season at K is signing Wade Richey or Vanderjagt (if he's cut), or trying to get a top kicker from the Arena Leagues to come and push Feely. Someone like Remy Hamilton.

I know we really don't have much else to talk about now, but we should also pay close attention to free agency, and what other teams will do. Because I think FA at RB, DE, and CB is really going to affect how the first round shapes up. I think it will cause players that most consider to be sure-fire Top 15 picks to slip some, and other guys that most consider to be in the #20-#40 range to move up a bit.

Profile E-mail