Jerome Harrison

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

dirtybirdnw

Jerome Harrison

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:30 pm

My personal heir apparent for one Warrick Dunn is Washington State RB Jerome Harrison. The Falcons web site posted his 40 time this weekend and it's on par with a good run IMO:

NCAA | Harrison runs a 4.47
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:33:57 -0800

Michael Odom, of AtlantaFalcons.com, reports Washington State RB Jerome Harrison ran a 4.47 in his 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine.

Other notes Maurice Drew ran a 4.39 in the combine making him the fastest in the combine thus far. Might make a good return man.
Fear the BEARD!

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:13 am

I like Drew as our heir apparent to Dunn. He's small, measuring in at 5-7/207, but frankly, I think Dunn shows that a lack of height is really is a non-factor for this team. With Tom Cable, I think Drew would transition a bit more quickly than another back, because he would be entering an offense similar to the one used at UCLA (Cable is after all a Mooch disciple, just like Knapp).

I think Drew in Round 3 or 4 would be a great pick.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:56 pm

I think Drew could be had as late as the 5th round. I think the height factor will scare most teams away and really drop him in the draft. Even despite good 40 times and anything else he does in the combine.
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The War Room”