Chris Gocong

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Chris Gocong

Postby Steve-O » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:03 pm

He's a DE from Cal Poly State (same school Beck is from)...he's 6'1 250-260 (I am not sure what he weighed in at in Indy)...He ran a 4.7 40 and had the fastest shuttle times (long and short) in his group, he had a fast 3 cone drill (3rd in his group) and had a vertical of 38 1/2 inches...

His last year in school he has something like 22 sacks and 98 tackles....he's a beast from a small school...maybe a good mid rounder

widetrak21
Superstar
Superstar

Postby widetrak21 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:18 pm

Ron Vale (Sydney): Alright McShady, who is your no 1 sleeper prospect in this draft? (4th round or higher)

Todd McShay: (1:55 PM ET ) Right now I'll go with Cal-Poly DL Chris Gocong. He led DI-AA in sacks this past season and was named DI-AA Def. Player of the Year. Gocong impressed me at the E-W Shrine game and he has had an excellent combine this week -- ran a 4.7 in the 40 and was near the top of all the agility drills for DL. He played DT and DE in college, but I see him more as a rush-linebacker type in a 3-4 scheme. He plays the game hard and he'll make a good special teams player for the team that drafts him in the mid-to-late round range.

- only thing is they act like he might be a tweener?

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:41 pm

He's big enough to play RE though he might need a year or so before he can be more than a situational pass rusher...

Return to “The War Room”