It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Would the Falcon's take Ingram or J Jones at no1 next draft
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:25 pm 

If Mark Ingram or Julio Jones is available at the Falcon's no1 pick do you take one of them? I realize Turner as another year or two (I think) on his contract and J Jones looks like a potential no1 receiver. The Falcon's lack a speed back you can count on and Jones could help take pressure off of Roddy White.

Anything can happen with skilled position players dropping so it wouldn't surprise me if we see either player drop to the 20's possibly.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Would the Falcon's take Ingram or J Jones at no1 next dr
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Tempting scout, tempting. But it's too early to get into needs and it's too early to tell which player would be a better fit in the team. Not to mention, Ingram's knee needs to be checked out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:16 pm 

Nah, it's never to early to look at the draft and what possible needs a team needs. It obviously can change throughout the season but it's still an educational guess. I saw you like the Notre Dame tight end/ I'll post what scout inc as they really like him grade him at a 90. I don't know but depending on how Gonzo plays which I don't forsee his play going down to much I think we could wait another year for a tight end.

Obviously, all 3 players Ingram,Jones and Kyle ??(tight end) look to be future impact players if all are healthy. I'm keeping my eye open for the next Mcluster or Jamal Charles.We need a healthy speed back maybe it can wait till round 2 or 3.

Still a long way to go to figure out needs but I feel the offense will get some upgrades next year. Is that offensive line or skill positions?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 pm 

I agree it's never too early to talk the draft.

But since the new season has started, you shouldn't get into needs to much. Because it's really just projected from last year.

You need to give guys this year an opportunity to play well or disappoint before I really start talking about who fits well. I think WR is probably going to be a need next year, but I have no clue how big a need because I need to see how well guys like Jenkins, Douglas, and White play the rest of the season.

Because the problem with superficial draft analysis is that people assume that if you need a WR, all receivers are created equal. If the Falcons clearly have a need at WR this year, it may be a specific WR like a tall, deep threat, or an explosive YAC guy. And not to mention, gauging which players might have the character where you think they can excel in your scheme vs. the guys that won't.

It's fun to project, but I'm going to try and wait at least until October before I start drawing connections between the Falcons and any potential 2011 draft prospects.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:10 pm 

I understand what your saying. Hopefully if the Falcon's did go after receiver round 1 it would be one that gets good YAC ,speed and does it all. I'll take a Hines Ward type though in rd 2 or 3. :D

Profile E-mail