It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marcus Vick
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:01 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i know a lot of people will be torn on this, but why not draft marcus in the later rounds?? with mike standing over him, he will behave. plus, if mike does get hurt, our offense really won't change that much.

i read an article a couple days ago saying that mike wasn't happy with the "style" of offense the falcons run, so they are going to revise it to fit him a little better. why put a pocket qb in a scrambling qb's offense. plus it will take a little more pressure off of the linemen...and imagine the sets with both of them in the game....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I am all for taking Marcus in say the 6th or 7th round....he's got 1rst round talent and I think with a good support system around him he'd clean up his act...but I wouldn't waste an early pick on a player with that kind of risk factor...

did anyone else see what his official time at the combine was...I saw him run his first 40 and Mayock and Burmeister said he ran in the mid 4.5's unofficaily....that's a lot slower than I would have thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Marcus at the combine... I couldn't find the 3 cone time? With the way he throws, these numbers are pretty sick. You also have to consider, the other QB's that can come close to these numbers are all guys with BIG questions about their arms (Robinson, Shockey, Smith, McNeal, etc,etc.)

4.42 forty
36 vert
9-9 broad jump
4.08 short shuttle