It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Experts
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:38 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm not sure if anybody has caught this show yet, which I only stumbled upon last week, but on ESPNU on Tuesdays at 1:00 (and I think 7 pm) they have a 3 hour show called "The Experts" which is basically a round-table discussion among many of ESPN"s college football analysts/experts (I think its like 6 of them plus the host) just about college football.

If you like college football, it's a good show to watch even though occasionally they talk out of their buttocks on the show.

I'm just thinking why doesn't ESPN do this for the NFL? I realize they only have 1 NFL game per week, but 30 minutes on NFL Live just really doesn't cut it. Bottom line is that on NFL Live they only really ever talk about the same things (Brett Favre and whatever is on SportsCenter). They might as well just condense a week of 30-minute shows into one weekly 3-hour show on Tuesdays like on a 3-hour bloc before the 6 pm SportsCenter.

I'd be all for it, as long as they didn't put Herm Edwards on it. Man, Herm makes Emmitt look like John Madden.

Between Ditka, Keyshawn, Schlereth, Bruschi, Marcellus Wiley, Gruden, MOrt, Schefter, Jaws, Merrill Hoge, MIchael Smith, John Clayton, Cris Carter, Tom Jackson, Suzy Kolber, Trey Wingo, Sal Pal, you could find a half a dozen guys to make a really good pure-football show.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Experts
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm 

It looks like ESPN listened to me with their show Audibles on tonite. Unfortunately, they have Herm Edwards on it.

Profile E-mail