It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The 2010 haters guide to the Top 25...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

****CAUTION---RATED ADULT**********

http://deadspin.com/5620076/the-2010-ha ... e=true&s=i

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The 2010 haters guide to the Top 25...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

funny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:26 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

backnblack wrote:
funny

I thought it was brilliant. I get really tired of all the PC writing that doesn't quite capture the true force of the hate that is college football. Sure it is vile. Sure it is disgusting. But it real.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:32 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BirdBrain wrote:
backnblack wrote:
funny

I thought it was brilliant. I get really tired of all the PC writing that doesn't quite capture the true force of the hate that is college football. Sure it is vile. Sure it is disgusting. But it real.

Last year he barely said one sentence about each team but he did have time to diss Climpson! I have no problem with tastelessness as long as it is clearly satire or in context. I really have no problem with it period. As my great grandfather used to say, "Circumstances alter cases." I don't know that I'd attach "brilliant" to it though. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

backnblack wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
backnblack wrote:
funny

Last year he barely said one sentence about each team but he did have time to diss Climpson! I have no problem with tastelessness as long as it is clearly satire or in context. I really have no problem with it period. As my great grandfather used to say, "Circumstances alter cases." I don't know that I'd attach "brilliant" to it though. :lol:

Yes obviously in a satirical sort of way. It is satire, I don't think he really thinks all LSU fans are racists....hehehe Are you going to the Auburn opening game??? To the LSU game????

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:36 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Frankly, most locals don't go to the games. Many will go the TGs and then go back home and watch. If I go it will be spur of the moment. In the last few years I've made an effort to go to more as I figure I ought to with it being a ten minute walk from my house and all. Probably the most memorable one I can recall is the LSU game a few years back when we won largely due to that pass interference call being nixed when J. Russell was your QB. Probably the best seats I ever had at an AU game. A customer who works in the Prez' office gave me one. But what I remember is the preamble and the bird and the 4 Chinook helicopters. The eagle circled the stadium down low about four times. Looked like he was going to swoop into the student section and make mince meat out of some Teke's face (I can dream?). There may be stadiums with a more impressive pre-game show but I'd have to see it to believe it. BTW, LSU's majorettes were stone cold babes. Great theater. It was a pretty good game too. :up:

As for all the "hate" between colleges...I think the thing where he talks about male college students between the ages of 18-22 probably being humanity's lowest form of life is pretty accurate. There is no state where the hatred between teams rivals this one I would think. I've always thought it was funny and actually am fairly indifferent about Bama except when we play them. UGA is the one I openly pull for to lose having grown up in ATL as a Tech fan and then moving to Climpson. They kicked our asses for years. OTOH, Athens is quite possibly the coolest college town in the country and I wish I had gone to school there.