This is a mix of what I think the Falcons would do and a bit of what I would do.
We trade Schaub to the Jets for their early 2nd rounder (#35) and Duckett to Pittsburgh for their 3rd (#96)
1. DE Tamba Hali, Penn State - A pass rusher that we all may not like or love, but I think he's exactly the type of player that Mora & Co. like, and they will put him across Kerney, and let him grow into a solid pro
2a (from NYJ). CB Richard Marshall, Fresno State - A speedy corner that can immediately fill the nickel, and possibly start across Hall in 2007. Gives the Falcons probably the fastest pair of starting corners in the league.
2b. S Ko Simpson, South Carolina - A ballhawk safety that hopefully can be everything that the team wanted Bryan Scott to be. Will slide in at SS here and should do a lot to help the secondary.
3a. OT Daryn Colledge, Boise State - Ideal fit and target to replace Shaffer at LT and compete with Omiyale. Needs work, but should be a bookend LT for years to come.
3b. (from PIT) RB Maurice Drew, UCLA - A quick back that should be dubbed as the heir apparent to Dunn. Fits due to his relationship with some members of the coaching staff. Not a physical replacement for Duckett, but helps on special teams and the team will highlight speed over power in the running game this year.
4. OG Mark Setterstrom, Minnesota - Has not had a good off-season thus far, but is still a good fit on the interior for us. Let Gibbs/Cable work with him for a year, and should be a starter down the road.
5. QB Drew Olson, UCLA - Seems liek the best fit when it comes to replacing Schaub. Unlike most other QBs coming out, probably is the most adept at running the WCO.
6. WR Clint Solomon, Iowa - A big wideout that stands out as a blocker. What else do you need to be a Falcons receiver. Future replacment for Finneran at #3.
7. S Jarrad Page, UCLA - A run stuffing safety that brings size and can work at FS.
I do realize I have us taking 3 players from UCLA. Not entirely because of Cable's presence here, but I think without even Cable, the Falcons would be interested in all 3 players.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.