It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pudge!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:18 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

According to reports, PITT to join the Big Ten. Also Missouri, Nebraska, Syracuse, and Rutgers to join . Thoughts???

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pudge!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:52 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I don't like it because it won't make Pitt a stronger athletic program, but I understand it's all about money.

Basketball it does make some sense. Pitt would be an upper level basketball program in both the Big East or Big Ten, so it really doesn't change that.

But it hurts their football prospects because they won't be a team on par with Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and potentially Michigan when they get things back on track in a few years. In the Big East, they stood a chance to win the conference and go to a BCS bowl game, while they'll never have that chance in the Big Ten.

And I'll miss the Backyard Brawls. :cry:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pudge!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:07 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Pudge wrote:
I don't like it because it won't make Pitt a stronger athletic program, but I understand it's all about money.

Basketball it does make some sense. Pitt would be an upper level basketball program in both the Big East or Big Ten, so it really doesn't change that.

But it hurts their football prospects because they won't be a team on par with Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and potentially Michigan when they get things back on track in a few years. In the Big East, they stood a chance to win the conference and go to a BCS bowl game, while they'll never have that chance in the Big Ten.

And I'll miss the Backyard Brawls. :cry:

But think of the great Pitt-PSU rivalry..and getting to see the Big Ten teams come into Pitt to play. Plus I think it will help recruiting, as PA is still a great recruiting hotbed. And I also think they will be on par with most teams, except maybe Ohio St.. I don't see Mich righting the ship anytime soon. They just can't recruit as well as in the past.And a spread offense won't work there.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail