It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Done!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:38 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I have notes on more players, and I do have some more tape that I could watch (including Tennessee and Ohio), but I'm hanging it up.

My brain hurts, and thinking any more about how a guy projects into the pros, I think I might kill myself. I figure 360 profiles is more than enough to get the point across. I have notes on 58 other guys, and if the Falcons draft or sign any of them, I'll post them.

Thanks Mr. Offseason and MeHigh for your contributions. Maybe next year, others will be willing to get involved.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Done!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Congrats Pudge!!! You did a heck of a job. I would have been involved, but I discovered it was a bit redundant to say the same thing about a player. I have to spend my time on things I actually get paid for.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

You got it Pudge. I think I'll still grind a few more out before the draft and I'll have a final mock draft I'll post tomorrow. It will probably only be a 1st round draft, but that's all I can muster at this point. I'll also have a 7 round Falcons Draft obviously.

I'm proud of what we did here. Obviously you did the majority of the work but it was fun to contribute as much as I could to write up reports to complement yours or, occasionally, get a report up on a guy you hadn't scouted. lol. Here's to next year! haha

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/

And check out the NFL Draft site I write for!

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks and great work man. We put up a lot of scouting reports... around 400, and most of those we're yours, thats nuts!

I don't know why I never posted my mocks on here. I'm pretty much finished my last Falcons mock so I'll post that up later tonight and then probably tomorrow I will post my 3 round mock draft. I'm anxious to see how my mock steps up with some of the biggest names in the business on The Huddle Reports rankings.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:31 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Good job Pudge. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:16 pm 

Pudge, I want to say what an outstanding job you did preparing for the NFL draft. This includes prospect ratings, following which players the Falcon's are looking at and setting up the forum so everyone can enjoy reading the info about the players. Hats off to Mr Offseason and mehigh also on the project. You guys put in alot of time for those of us to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I don't have alot of time to break film down or watch alot of games but following the draft has always been a fun past time and something I have done for a long time.Pudge, it's nice to be able to get your thoughts since I really respect what you have to say. Keep up the good work and see you tomorrow night on draft night.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:45 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Well, I am officially done myself. I pulled an all-nighter last night and wrote 18 scouting reports and it's just about all that I can muster. I really want to finish a mock draft, but after I get out of my 10-12 class I am going to sleep until the draft gets here, so that may not happen.

Hopefully I get it done, but if not I will be able to live with myself. lol

I believe I ran my total up to 87, which is respectable I suppose. Not quite Pudge's 800,586,143 reports, but it's something.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:45 pm 

I noticed your reports were a little lighter towards the end. Not a critique, just an observation. I know the feeling, after a while you feel like you're saying the same things about different prospects, and the detail and analysis you offer up in your first reports just goes by the wayside.

80 is a good number to be at. My hope was that if we could get 4-6 people to do that much of a workload (or twice as many doing half), then we could end up at a similar number as we have this year without one person feeling the need to do 300+. There will never be a day, time willing, I would ever be satisfied with doing only 80. My goal for the past few years has always been to get a look at the Top 100 or so prospects, but since you never have a clue who those people are in September, you basically have to watch at least twice that number just to probably get the 60-80 seniors that will make up that group, which doesn't include all of the underclassmen.

But I would love to see a day where I'd only have to do 80 scouting reports and get as comprehensive coverage as we have. I think we've hit on every player that is projected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick. At least in using PFW's projected draft chart, these are the only players projected to go in the first 3 rounds that aren't included. And with exception of the 2 receivers, I think their projections are off a bit:

QB Armanti Edwards, Appalachian State
WR Taylor Price, Ohio
WR Andre Roberts, The Citadel
CB Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt
DT Mike Neal, Purdue

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Pudge wrote:
I noticed your reports were a little lighter towards the end. Not a critique, just an observation. I know the feeling, after a while you feel like you're saying the same things about different prospects, and the detail and analysis you offer up in your first reports just goes by the wayside.

80 is a good number to be at. My hope was that if we could get 4-6 people to do that much of a workload (or twice as many doing half), then we could end up at a similar number as we have this year without one person feeling the need to do 300+. There will never be a day, time willing, I would ever be satisfied with doing only 80. My goal for the past few years has always been to get a look at the Top 100 or so prospects, but since you never have a clue who those people are in September, you basically have to watch at least twice that number just to probably get the 60-80 seniors that will make up that group, which doesn't include all of the underclassmen.

But I would love to see a day where I'd only have to do 80 scouting reports and get as comprehensive coverage as we have. I think we've hit on every player that is projected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick. At least in using PFW's projected draft chart, these are the only players projected to go in the first 3 rounds that aren't included. And with exception of the 2 receivers, I think their projections are off a bit:

QB Armanti Edwards, Appalachian State
WR Taylor Price, Ohio
WR Andre Roberts, The Citadel
CB Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt
DT Mike Neal, Purdue

Oh yeah they did lol. I pulled an all-nighter and just couldn't quite think about it as critically anymore. I just got burned out lol.

But yeah I probably could have written one on Mike Neal, I just didn't watch him as much as I would have liked.

I think we did a good job overall though. I'm glad I got the reports done that I got done last night, even if they burned me out lol.

Profile E-mail