It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drew Olson
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:10 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

If the Falcons do opt to take a QB at some point this year, the only player I really like as an option is Olson. He has played in the WCO under Mariucci disciples including our current OL coach. So he's similar to Schaub in that regard in that he comes to a team that runs a system similar to what he worked with at college.

He was at one point during the course of this past season considered to be a potential first round pick, but now looks like he'd have to work to be a first day pick. But I think he's a good target between Rounds 3 and 6.

Frankly, I don't think this team has the luxury to draft a player like D.J. Shockley who is probably going to take 3-5 years to develop to be a quality NFL backup. Olson however seems to be more in the Schaub mold in a guy that could be ready to be a competent backup within 2 years.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I agree Olson would fit this offense
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:59 am 
I think Olson would do well in the falcon;s current scheme of what they call the West Coast.I had olson being picked by the falcon's around the 5th round and who knows may play well since he is used to the offense.I think it is worth a shot if he is still around in the 5th round to select him.Accuracy is key and Olson was once regard highly.

I am not a fan of Shockley,to inaccurate in his passes. If you don't have accuracy your not going to last long unless your vick and the league is catching up even to him.