It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mayock Path To The Draft Likes Graham or Thomas from Tech
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:25 pm 

Watched Path To The Draft Mayock likes Graham and or Thomas the receiver to the Falcon's in the 1st.Mayock thinks TD and crew are doing their home work on Thomas a big receiver from Georgia Tech. If Graham isn't available then he'd be a nice choice Mayock said.

Lebetter had Weatherspoon or Pouncey going to the Falcon's if they go offense.I think a def end will be available near the Falcon's pick and wouldn't put it past TD for trading up to get Morgan if available a few picks ahead.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mayock Path To The Draft Likes Graham or Thomas from Tec
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

IMHO, I would not touch "Bebe" Thomas. Our needs in other areas are much too great to spend a first round pick on a WR that hasn't worked out and has a broken foot. My personal choices for pick 19 are either 1) Brandon Graham 2) Weatherspoon or 3) trade down. If none of those options are available, then we take the best player left which very well may be A CB. I also wouldn't mind getting Jason Pierre Paul, but I think he will be long gone. I think we may actually get lucky this year because there are a ton of 3-4 nose tackles that may be pushed up in the first round because a true 3-4 NT is hard to come by. Because of this, some of the 4-3 DE may fall farther even though they may be better players than some of the 3-4 NT.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:25 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/090 ... -the-clock

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:26 am 

I'd rather have Spiller at 19 if all the def players the Falcon's like are gone. I don't think we need to use a 1st on a receiver at least this year.I'm not sold on Pouncey although we do need to upgrade the interior.

Having Babs in some possible legal problems from last year and Jerry rehabbing it wouldn't surprise me if def tackle were high on the agenda if Graham,Spoon or other possible players are gone on defense. I'd love to have Dan Williams if he slid but I don't see that. Some think Odrick could be a sleeper for the Falcon's. Mike Smith loves good def tackles so if no other player were on the board come the Falcon's maybe def tackle could be the pick.

Odds are someone will be available that most of us think the Falcon's will take. Stil say Spoon,Graham and maybe Morgan if he slides are high on the list. I certainly don't want Jean Pierre despite his workout numbers. I have seen to many players with high physical ability that couldn't make it in the NFL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:09 pm 

The Falcons will take a DE or LB with the no. 19 pick. In the case that Graham, Morgan, and Spoon are all gone, then I would expect Kindle to be next on the team's list.

I think there is a 99% chance our #1 pick plays DE or LB, and there's a 98% chance IMO that it is one of those 4 players.

Those 1-2% chances that it is not those positions and/or players accounts for the remote possibility that the Falcons move back several spots in Round 1.

People are I think overreacting to news that the Falcons have shown interest in certain players that play certain positions. If I'm a betting man, it's all due diligence.

The Falcons are a needs-based drafting team. Right now, all 22 starting positions are filled. The starter on the flimsiest ground meaning that he could potentially be cut before the start of the season is LDE Jamaal Anderson. That's why I think in the end, the Falcons go DE with the pick.

After that, you're likely drafting a #1 pick not to start thsi year, but potentially next year, with potential openings at LG, OC, RG, RT, WLB, etc. But at the same time, those are all areas that you normally have fairly good depth in the draft. You can find quality players at those positions normally in the 3rd, 4th, and later rounds. I don't think this year is much different and there should be quality players at those positions.

Not to mention, I don't think the coaching staff/front office is as "down" on the interior O-line as so many Falcon fans are.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 pm 

Pudge, I agree with you and was just thinking outside the box. I thinlk someone drops or one of the expected players will be there. I do not like Kindle and don't think he can be a def end or linebacker in a 4-3 defense. So let me ask you if Spoon,Graham and Kindle are gone who do the Falcon's go with if they can't trade down?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 pm 

I could play that game, but I'll take the douche road and say that since that ain't gonna happen, I'll pass. But if you're going push me, I'll say JPP.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 pm 

HMM, JPP eck I'll pass.The kid only started his senior year and didn't have great production. I'd prefer not to force the issue and draft a def end just to draft one.WE need a playmaker or potential playmaker. More to football than athleticism that's why I don't trust the kid.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 am 

Well you don't have to worry about it because between Kindle, Morgan, Graham, and Weatherspoon, one of those players will definitely be there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Falcons Draft Talk Video
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falco ... -the-clock

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail