It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who do you take with no 1 pick if Huff is gone?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:15 pm 
I am starting to think some other team is going to draft huff before the falcon's since he can play both corner and safety there is alot of value in that. My question is if Huff is gone who do you select? I think jimmy williams may slide so if the following players were there to take who would you select?

1.Jimmy Williams
2.Tye Hill
3.Kiwi
4.Hali
5.Deangelo Williams
6.other

From the reports at the Senior bowl hill is on another level compared to the other corners so since huff is gone for safety is Hill the safest pick?.I wonder what the falcon draft board will look like? Right now I think Hill and Deangelo williams would have to be at the top of most teams boards.We certainly need to prepare for the future at corner and running back but we have immediate needs at def end,safety and off line.What do you do?

Here is another thought would mckay trade down in order to pick up a 3rd or maybe second rounder for the falcon's 1st which would be near the bottom of the 1st round? Ko Simpson would certainly fill the bill at safety would he last that long?

Some how mckay needs to have a plan and try to get multiple picks.This draft is deep filled with quality at off line,corner,linebacker,safety.This draft could turn the falcon franchise around if mckay plays his cards right.Man I wish we could get a 1st rounder or high second rounder for schaub.Filling the needs we have this draft could provide instead of playing it safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:27 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Jimmy Williams if he shows great speed.
One of the LT's if they prove to be worth that high of a pick (Scott or McNeil probably, I wouldn't cry if we took Mangold there........lol).
Kiwanuka if you believe in his upside.
Hill if you can fix the run D in FA & can live with him being very small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:17 pm 

My top two alternates to Huff are of course Jimmy Williams the obvious option (although I don't think either will be there for the Falcons). After Williams I'm really starting to like Tambi Hali and my final alternate to Williams/Huff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I say Williams or Tye Hill. Hill is really starting to rise up the boards I think and would be good for us if Huff and Williams are gone. I really wish we would pick up a DE in FA and concentrate on CB/S in our draft. I would really like a young group that could grow together in the next few years. That's just me though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:29 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not certain I would take Huff even if he is on the board. I honestly would like someone more physical.

Some guys I would take:
- Kiwi
- D. Williams
- J. Williams

I'm guessing Hali will pass Kiwi on the board and be the second DE taken in the draft. I woudln't touch Hill at #15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:31 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'm not a Hill fan, and would honestly just like to see us trade down if none of the top 10 picks were there at our pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:33 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm looking at Hill over Williams right now. Too many red flags over Williams have been raised in the past month when it comes to his work ethic. Right now I'd take Hill. He's fast and can cover. Williams seems a bit like Chris McAlister but without McAlister's speed or athleticism. I'm not saying I'm against Williams, because he's a great talent that I think could fit in well playing across D-lo. But if I had to choose between Hill and Williams, I'd go with Hill who doesn't have Williams upside, but seems to I think has the better "downside" (meaning he's less likely to be a bust). Basically, Williams is going to have to show me some things besides his 40 over the next few months before I tak him over Hill.

Now if Huff is unavailable, I believe the Falcons will look at Tamba Hali before they look at anoter DB. I'm not against Hali, but he wouldn't be my top choice. Unlike Williams, I'm curious to see how well he runs at the Combine. He's currently listed with a 40 around 4.75, if he can run faster than that, then he'll move up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:47 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I honestly wouldn't mind Yobouty(sp?) if we wanted a corner.