It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dimitroff Year 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If you think about it we kinda had to good mostly O in yr 1, and D in yr 2 for TD's drafts. The needs made sense to do that, and he hit a home run year one, with injuries delaying the analysis of yr 2. Pt being this year should be a mix, which should be another good chance to prove his mettle. And we pick 19, but at least we got Houston edged out.

Do we squeeze in a TE this year, start letting the great TG groom him some before he's gone? Question popped in my mind watching the TE portion of the combine. We still need DE, CB, OLB, Oline worse imo. I am also more than eager to see Douglas this year, as I said before Ryan will explode with that "welker" role/routes dynamic as an option. Seems we may have to wait another yr w/ RB as a chance as well. Seems he may have more work cut out for himself this year.

Post subject: Re: Dimitroff Year 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Like last year, this is a strong class of TE prospects. And like last year, there should be good talent available in Rounds 3 and 4.

In an ideal world, the Falcons will sign a veteran DE (like Leonard Little or Aaron Kampman) and CB (like Bodden or Robinson) that will give them more flexibility in the draft. Not sure that will happen.

A problem is that I think at the Falcons top needs: DE, LB, and CB, it's a fairly top-heavy draft, and once you get past pick #50 you're probably not going to find a ton of value at those spots, particularly DE and CB (which is typical for most drafts).

I'm not too worried about what TD can/will do though. I'm confident he'll make solid improvements. Given this is probably the worst FA class ever, and that we lack a 2nd round pick, I never had expectations that TD would be able to fix most/all of the Falcons issues this off-season.

As they say it's a process, and if things like RB, TE, OC, or OLB have to be pushed back for another year, then so be it. But two areas that IMO can't afford to wait another year are DE and CB.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dimitroff Year 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
As they say it's a process, and if things like RB, TE, OC, or OLB have to be pushed back for another year, then so be it. But two areas that IMO can't afford to wait another year are DE and CB.

I agree, guess FA will be interesting this year.