It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mock Draft Sites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:43 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

For those who would like to know a place to look at some mocks, here is a link to my favorite draft site's mock links page. You can also go to their forums & see the mocks some regular folks have made. They're all very useful for learning what each player brings & where they might go. When you get to the page, just scroll down & there will be a bunch of links to different sites with mocks & when they were last upated.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/mock.html

Post subject: Re: Mock Draft Sites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:52 pm 
The_Incomparable wrote:
For those who would like to know a place to look at some mocks, here is a link to my favorite draft site's mock links page. You can also go to their forums & see the mocks some regular folks have made. They're all very useful for learning what each player brings & where they might go. When you get to the page, just scroll down & there will be a bunch of links to different sites with mocks & when they were last upated.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/mock.html

I stopped looking at mock's a couple of years ago...You can project what a team is going to do, but in all seriousness, is there anyway that someone could possible get all of the picks right? No one had us getting Duckett a couple of years ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I stopped looking at mock's a couple of years ago...You can project what a team is going to do, but in all seriousness, is there anyway that someone could possible get all of the picks right? No one had us getting Duckett a couple of years ago...

You guys hear that loud vacuum noise? Someone is trying to suck the fun out of draft time. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:41 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

I like this site. They've had problems today but its a good site.

Here is a link to the rankings, but they arent all done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:23 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Over the last 3 years, NFL Draft Countdown has been the most accurate among mock drafts. Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News is #2 and not far behind. Gosselin's has proven so accurate because for whatever reason he calls teams in the weeks leading up to the draft and they seem to tell him who they are drafting.

Draft Countdown is a very good site. But in the near future, it's probably going to go the route as all draft sites are going, and become a pay site.

If you truly want to immerse yourself into the NFL Draft, not forking up some dough is pretty much impossible. You'll be missing out on a lot of info, and basically have to hope that people on message boards like these (that do pay) pass along the info they find.

And IMO (although you may consider me biased, since I am a Sr. Contributor to the site), if you want to get the most bang for your buck, you should suscribe to The Huddle Report. Only $10 for a year, and you pretty much get everything (if not more) than you would get at most other sites that charge you $25 or $30 for an entire year.

I am currently subscribed to these sites:

The Huddle Report ($10)
NFL Draft Scout ($25) - Their news and position rankings I believe are pretty accurate to what NFL teams are thinking.
NFL Draft Experts @ Scout.com ($50) - Why I pay that much I'm not sure. It's probably not worth it but I do like the fact that they have available player profiles in October & November (well before anyone else I'm aware of) and their combine/All-star game coverage IMO is second to none.

But in all honesty, because of my affiliation with The Huddle Report, I don't pay for the first two. But in essence, I'm investing $85 into a whole year's worth of information, but when you consider it to be only a quarter a day, it's not that bad, although it probably really works out to be closer to $0.40 or $0.50 a day, because between May and August/September, there isn't a lot of info to go around, so you're really only getting about 6 or 7 good months of coverage and the other 5-6 months aren't a lot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:55 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Any chance you could post all the Combine info as you get it in a thread here? they cancelled NFL Network here on Charter, so I need a source for my Combine info for the players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:23 am 

I'll see what I can do. It's a lot of info. I could probably devote an entire forum to it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:14 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

NFL.com usually has a page dedicated to combine numbers and the numbers of players performing in their schools' pro day.

Combine is in last Feb I believe so I'll keep you informed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:55 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

vickisthebest wrote:

You guys hear that loud vacuum noise? Someone is trying to suck the fun out of draft time. :)

Scrooge, posing as a guest. :-)

Dennis