It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Darnell Bing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Does anyone know if he is going to declare for the draft and would you guys like to get him?

I wouldn draft him at #15 in the first but I fear he might not be there at #15 in the 2nd round. Maybe we trade down in the first round and grab him or we trade up in the second round to get him. Hopefully we dont have to trade and can grab him with our own 2nd rond pick.

Thoughts?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/pro ... _bing.html

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfo ... llbing.htm

Here are two scouting reports on him. Anyone got anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:03 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Bing is a big, physical Safety in the mold of Roy Williams. He has good measureables from what I have read, but his ball skills are lacking. Bing is rated as the 5th best Safety on my rankings, behind Simpson, Huff, Watkins, & Slay in that order. This is all pre-Combine, so that may change if he declares & puts up good speed & agility numbers. He would be a good addition late in the 2nd or in the 3rd round though. The first round is usually reserved for ballhawks like Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Mike Doss, & Tro Polamalu when it comes to Safeties, unless you have been destroying people in college like Roy Williams was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:54 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Bing is a solid prospect, but as I stated in another thread, I wasn't overly impressed with his performance vs. Texas. He'd be a candidate I'd consider come Round 2, but not in Round 1. He's big and physical, but isn't quite the impact guy you expect out of a 1st round safety.

IMO, getting Bing and another quality upgrade at safety would do wonders to the unit. But Bing alone probably won't cut it. He'd improve the unit because he has more talent in his left nut than probably our entire unit combined, but when you compare him to a past Trojan named Polamalu, Bing couldn't carry his jock. Just my opinion.

Profile E-mail