It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ko Simpson declared
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

6'2, 210lbs, Safety, South Carolina, 2004 Freshman All American, 2005 AP All American

Post subject: Your boy is now in the draft
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:34 pm 
Hey Incomparable,Simpson is finally in the draft.What do you think the chances of the falcon's taking him will be? I still think def end is where we go with all the other safties out there.A team is oging to have to be mighty impressed to take simpson in the 1st with all the other safeties coming out,usually players slide because of the deep talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:34 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

From what I hear about Simpson, there is a lot of talk about him moving to CB for the NFL.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:58 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

thescout10 wrote:
Hey Incomparable,Simpson is finally in the draft.What do you think the chances of the falcon's taking him will be? I still think def end is where we go with all the other safties out there.A team is oging to have to be mighty impressed to take simpson in the 1st with all the other safeties coming out,usually players slide because of the deep talent.

What I would like the Falcons to do is see if Kiwanuka slides to that 15th spot, or maybe even Huff, and take him if he is there. If not, I would like them to trade down to around pick 25, get a 2nd rounder for the trade, and draft Ko Simpson there. Simpson is a natural Safety, not a tweener like some of these guys, who has the size & football IQ to be a force in the NFL. His natural instincts in the passing game are unsurpassed and he is as solid a tackler as you will find for a 205-210lb DB. He can also bring the pain, but not to the extent that the headhunters do. He has the ability to be a Lawyer Milloy/Brian Dawkins type of Safety.

It's hard to say if the Falcons will take Simpson as our fan base doesn't seem to know much about him, which is odd since he plays in the SEC, but he would be an ideal start to rebuild our Safety positions with. I have him as the #1 DB in this draft in all honesty mostly due to his ballhawking skills, but he will have to run a 4.5 flat or better for me to keep him there because instincts only carry you so far in the NFL. You have to have the tools.

Pudge wrote:
From what I hear about Simpson, there is a lot of talk about him moving to CB for the NFL.

Huff is the better candidate for that move. He is a hair smaller than Ko, although he has good size, but he has track speed running about a 4.34 or so. Ko is a pure Safety, and may very well only run about a 4.5 like some of the other great safeties to come down the pipe in recent years. Sean Taylor is the first to come to mind.