All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jack Geiser, LS, Boston College
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:50 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

JACK GEISER
6-2/221
Boston College Senior

PROS: Has decent accuracy and velocity on his snaps. Does a nice job getting downfield to cover and willing to mix it up as a tackler.
CONS: Lacks ideal zip to snap on a frozen rope. His snaps on punts tend to have too much arch, and he doesn't have pinpoint accuracy. Not a great tackler in coverage.
OVERVIEW: There is nothing special about Geiser, with his ability to run downfield and cover being the only thing that I would consider to stand out somewhat. Was BC's snapper each year, although he was limited to six games this past season.
NFL FORECAST: He can compete on the next level, but is probably a few years from refining his trade to think he has a legit chance of winning a job. At this point, I would only expect him to make an NFL roster if a team was going for a youth movement on special teams. He's a guy that I think could bounce around the league for a few summers, all the while making some improvements, and then eventually sticking for some team down the road. But unless he makes significant improvements between now and then, I do not see him as one of those snappers that will stay in the league for a decade or longer like the really good ones do.
ATL FORECAST: He's a young guy that could push for time, but I don't expect him to be a serious challenge to a veteran like Zelenka.
VALUE: Not worth a draft pick, but could be brought into camp for a team looking for a young guy to push a veteran somewhat.

Profile E-mail