All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jamar Wall, CB, Texas Tech
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:18 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

JAMAR WALL
5-10/204
Texas Tech Senior

PROS: Has good ball skills and able to jump routes. Shows decent hips and burst. Can turn and run with receivers and does a nice job playing the deep ball. Does a decent job wrapping up ballcarrier in run support.
CONS: Needs to improve his footwork. Gives up too much underneath. Will tackle a bit high and needs to do a better job breaking down in space to make the stop at the point of attack.
OVERVIEW: Wall has the skills to compete at the next level as a cover guy, but is not completely there.
NFL FORECAST: I think he can be a solid nickel corner, but I think would be a bit overmatched as a starter. He has decent hips and burst, but not great there. He's got a safety's size, but I'm not sure he'll be that good there. He could be a decent reserve, but mostly a special teams player if he moves to safety. I think it's better to try and keep him at corner and see if he can push for a nickel job. The key for him will be competing on special teams right away to stick as a reserve. And then with a few years under his belt, he can challenge for a nickel job and/or potentially push a starter for the No. 2 gig. But I think if he was to win that gig, he'd struggle in that role.
ATL FORECAST: Wall could add depth to Atlanta, but doesn't seem like a good option as an upgrade over anybody that they currently have on the roster. So he would likely only stick in Atlanta mainly to add depth and help out on special teams as a third or fourth corner. In two or three years he could lock down the nickel job.
VALUE: Wall is a mid-range player that can add depth to a team, but because doesn't have great upside to be a starter. A fifth round pick for the most part.

Profile E-mail