Post subject: Andre Neblett, DT, Temple
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

ANDRE NEBLETT
6-0/295
Temple Senior
40: 5.02 (Campus)

PROS: Shows some burst upfield to shoot gaps and make plays in the backfield. Willing to fight through double teams and shows some ability to hold the point of attack. Has a good motor. SHows he is an effective bull rusher, and flashes a decent swim move.
CONS: Doesn't do anything really well. Limited as a pass rusher. Doesn't get off blocks all that great at the point of attack and struggles when double-teamed.
OVERVIEW: A productive four-year starter at nose tackle. He was the more highly touted of the pair of Temple tackles going into last season, but Terrance Knighton (now with Jaguars) was the better NFL prospect. Combined for 45 starts, 27.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, 1 interception, 6 forced fumbles, and 3 recoveries during his career.
NFL FORECAST: He can compete at nose tackle in a 4-3 scheme, but is just a rotational guy. He might project better in a 3-4 scheme, but would likely need to bulk up some. And again, he's probably just a decent backup rather than a starter. He's a player that I think can stick in the NFL as a fourth tackle that can eventually develop into a third guy. But he's not going to make huge contributions off the bench. Instead, he can keep the starters fresh and not be a horrible option when he plays. He just doesn't do anything well enough to stand out from the pack.
ATL FORECAST: Neblett can push for time as a rotational player in Atlanta, but I'm not sure he's the disruptive presence that the team wants in a reserve. He has potential to develop as a run stopper and has enough quickness and motor to impress teh coaches as a reserve player. But I find it hard to see him rising more than No. 4 on the depth chart, because someone much better should be the team's No. 3 guy. He could push Walker for that last spot in the rotation immediately, but I wouldn't expect him to win it. He's more likely to land on the practice squad for a year or two and maybe could win a spot down the road.
VALUE: A team in the seventh round might snag him if they really need depth at defensive tackle and want to add some beef. But other than that, he is probably better off being signed as a free agent than drafted.

Profile E-mail