It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Official week 11 Bucs vs Falcons Game Thread!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:29 pm 

Here is the game thread for the upcoming Bucs vs Falcons game this Sunday.A huge game for both teams and hopefully our falcon's come out to play like there lives depend on it.

DBNW Update: There is no official Tampa Rival site on FRN.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:30 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

is Pudge really living up to that? Who took the bet with him? hmmm...his comments will be missed...

I am worried about this game, but I worry any time we play TB...again the keys to the game will be the same as every week...we need to stop the run, hold on to the ball, and try and force a few turnovers...I think you'll see us get back to the run more this week because TB, like us, is a smaller defense...they are doing a lot better at defending the run than we are, but I still think we can get yards on the ground...

I will be at the game this week and of the 7 games I've been to in the last 2 years I've never seen us lose before, hopefully that will hold true through this week...

we need this win to keep up in the division, and if Carolina keeps playing well every game for the rest of the year is going to be very important...

Post subject: What was the bet on why Pudge isn't chattng?i
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:43 pm 

We need Pudge's input and posts.Man this bet is sure a downer for the board!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:24 pm 

According to Pudge in the chat room he would honor the 2-weeks moritorium on his posting. I guess that goes to show all of us not to count our chickens before they hatch. So we will be pudge-less not only this week but next week also.

I'm looking for the special "sticky" button which doesn't seem apparent.

Update: Figured it out. For the other board mods you need to select "sticky" when you post the weekly thread (or anything that needs to be stickied) when you make the original post. To do so after the fact just edit the post and select "sticky" or "announcement."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well someone tell him we all have the point and that he can come back...conversations just sort of die when he's not here....he usually manages to keep the threads going...

on the game: well as Sunday draws nearer I am getting more nervous about it...I do not want to see us lose in person against TB...I really friggin' hate the Bucs and I don't know if I can stomach a loss...I am hoping the GB debacle opened some eyes...if we can learn to tackle better we are going to get run on by every team we play from here on out...tackling has been a problem all year and it's yet to have been addressed...it's insanely frustrating to watch a 5th string RB power through a sea of arm tackles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:58 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

this really should be a cupcake for the falcs this weekend.mm maybe not.

i think everyone's nervous about this game. not only cuz it's the buc's who seem to have our number but because you never know which falcons team will show up.
the greenbay game reminds me of the k.c. game last year. not the games themselves, we actually had a chance against the packers but after the lost it was like a gut punch. there was that feeling that the season could be lost, that the falcs were an over-rated team that could spiral. last year the falcs stood back up, brushed themselves off and played strong. we'll see what happens this time around. i really can't say the falcs are gonna win it but really i hope they do

Post subject:
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think most of the players are ready for this week. I expect to see the team that dominated the Eagles to start the season this weekend. I think we will make a statement in this game finally, as it is our first real test since the Eagles game.

Falcons 27
Bucs 17

God help us if I am wrong.

Post subject:

I think it has more to do with everyone on here probably believes we are going to get stomped by Tampa even in the dome. The fact that the Pack stomped us in our house gives even more credence to that argument.

My biggest concern is Carnell Williams. We let Samkon Gado look like Jerome Bettis when the Pack played us we'll make Carnell look like Barry Sanders at the rate we are going. If that happens we don't stand a cold chance in hell to beat the Bucs. Especially if the Bucs come out and show the same ownage for Vick they have in the past.

A lot of folks are probably pretty deflated by getting hammered by the Pack. I'm in that group and I was sick the first half of the week so I didn't post hardly at all. Even the chat room was fairly quiet.

This is statement game for this team IMO. We will either roll over and play dead or the team will come out angry and ready to beat someone for last week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well if they don't come out fired up against a division rival after we got our asses handed to us last week then there is something terribly wrong...

and Dirty you are right...I think most of us are very deflated...the GB game was worse than a sucker punch...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:41 pm 

Dirty's Keys to Tampa

- Pass Rush, we need to find it again. Our pass rush has mysteriously disappeared without a trace. We have 1 sack in the last two games. We are ranked 9th overall in sacks but if you take out the 9 sacks against a very sad Viking squad we would be tied for about 26th in the league. Perhaps even more perplexing is our pass defense has improved this year despite our pass rush dipping a bit.

- Don't use a hammer when we need a steamroller. The book on Tampa is to run the biggest back you have right at the middle of their line. We need to use TJ Duckett and up the gut as frequently as possible then roll Dunn out in the second half when their D-Line is getting tired. Knapp is starting to act like Reeves in regards to utilizing Duckett/Dunn.

- Crumpler & Finneran are key. We know Vick struggles against Tampa's corners (partly due to pass rush) and he needs to stick to his reliable targets. Finneran, Roddy, and Crumpler have been reliable targets. If he can hit Fin/Crump on a consistent basis as well as success on the ground corners will cheat and Roddy will blow right past them on occasion opening up the deep threat.

- Get Physical. Both Webster & Hall need to get physical with their assignments. Tampa receivers are more burners then they are physical and Hall should be able to knock his assignment off his route without too many problems. I would stick DeLo on Galloway also. He's the only DB we have that can really pace Galloway and the fact that DeLo is a physical DB can cause Galloway fits.

X-Factor's:

Mike Vick, QB: Always an X-Factor because we don't know if we will get Jekyll or Hyde against Tampa.

Alex Smith, TE: Lots of people think he could develop into a big time threat in the receiving game. If Atlanta doesn't keep an eye on him he could have a big day.

Michael Clayton, WR: Has been pretty quiet so far letting Galloway have all the fun. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a coming out party against Atlanta.

Atlanta O-Line: The entire line needs to be frosty with all sorts of pass rushing threats in Tampa's defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:13 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Let me add this:

Playcalling-the coaches will need to put our best players on the field on offense on every down. For me this means we should get Roddy, Finn, Crump, Duck/Dunn, Griffith, and Vick on the field for 90% of the plays. Sub a slot receiver for Griffith on passing downs if needed, but I do not want to see that big I with one receiver against the Bucs. Also, we need to call more max protection plays to allow our WR's time to run double move deep routes and allow Vick to be comfortable in the pocket. I would reference the Dallas/Bledsoe scheme as an excellent example of how to pull this off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:58 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

we might actually do ok using big sets against the Bucs, they are a smallish defense and me might actually be able to push them around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:27 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i remember talk of running it up the gut with duckett last year when it comes to the bucs. it never really happened. i have a feeling it's not gonna happen this year either. unless knapp all of the sudden gets a clue, plan on seeing a lot of dunn up the gut with a little bit of ducket like we did with green bay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:15 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well I have a feeling this game is going to come down to the DT's. If Coleman & co. can be a factor in stuffing the run like they did against the Jets, then we have a good chance of shutting them down. If Hovan & McFarland blow up the middle of our O-line all day, then it will be a long day for our entire offense. Of all the games we play this, this is the one where we have to win in the middle or die trying, because if their O-line gets off on our DT's it is going to be a long day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:46 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Dirty's Keys to Tampa

X-Factor's:

Michael Clayton, WR: Has been pretty quiet so far letting Galloway have all the fun. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a coming out party against Atlanta.

He is Questionable Dirty...he might not even play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:25 pm 

If Clayton doesn't play here is my replacement X-Factor (and technically since Clayton is 50/50 he's even more of an X-Factor :) ):

DeAngelo Hall: Can he contain Joey Galloway? I can only think of two games the DeLo really came up big (Philly and Buffalo in the 2nd half). Other then that he's been up and down. Perhaps I'm being too harsh as he is the leading vote getter for DB's in the Pro Bowl. I wonder how much is hype?

If Galloway burns Hall we will have definitive proof that DeLo isn't as fast as advertised. Not that we don't already have that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i had a dream, actually my first football dream. i've had basketball dreams, but can't remember a football one. in it derrick brooks is running falcons players over as he heads into the inzone with the football.
hopefully i have no psychic abilities.

outside the realm of dreams, for some reason im more worried about michael pittman than cadillac. i can see pittman running and catching all over us with his speed and agression.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:44 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

buddyboy wrote:
i had a dream, actually my first football dream. i've had basketball dreams, but can't remember a football one. in it derrick brooks is running falcons players over as he heads into the inzone with the football.

outside the realm of dreams, for some reason im more worried about michael pittman than cadillac. i can see pittman running and catching all over us with his speed and agression.

Pittman might not play...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:45 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i feel i must counter my negative dream with some positivity. also i noticed no one is making any predictions. so let me go ahead and through out a prediciton. with the defense getting serious penetration and disrupting simms and vick playing strong in a big game as he usually does the falcons pull it out 24 - 17.
regardless of the outcome it's going to be a very intense game, with the key being that precious momentum. we need to come out and run it up the gut with duckett and take some long passes mixed in the shorter ones.
here are some interesting qoutes revealing the falcs realize the utter importance of this game.

"It's going to determine if we can go out, run the table, be a playoff-caliber team or a bust," cornerback DeAngelo Hall said.

Added quarterback Michael Vick: "We've got to win it. It's imperative that we win."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:21 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
If Clayton doesn't play here is my replacement X-Factor (and technically since Clayton is 50/50 he's even more of an X-Factor :) ):

DeAngelo Hall: Can he contain Joey Galloway? I can only think of two games the DeLo really came up big (Philly and Buffalo in the 2nd half). Other then that he's been up and down. Perhaps I'm being too harsh as he is the leading vote getter for DB's in the Pro Bowl. I wonder how much is hype?

If Galloway burns Hall we will have definitive proof that DeLo isn't as fast as advertised. Not that we don't already have that.

Speed is not an issue with Hall. He is one of the fastest players in the league without question. If you go back to that preseason game last year against the Vikings, where Moss beat him deep, you will see that after Hall got turned & hit full speed he ran stride for stride with Randy Moss. The real issue with Hall is unrealistic expectations, bad defensive playcalling, and a tendency to bite on moves a little too much. Of course if he doesn't try to make plays then nobody will, and if he does he can get burned like anyone else. He put it very well on Rome Is Burning during an interview, "A 4.15 guy cannot cover a 4.6 guy that knows where he is going". He was basically saying how it doesn't matter how fast you are in the NFL if you don't have an idea where the receiver is headed or what he is trying to do. It was interesting to hear him say this, but it really made a lot of sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:22 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

buddyboy wrote:

Derrick Brooks is on the backside of his career and the only person he MIGHT be able to run over from our offense is Vick, but I doubt he could even run Vick over...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:59 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I think we blow them out...(beat them by more than 14 points)

With a tough loss at home against GB, we will come back with our heads up, fighting til the end...Duckett will play more, and run over Brooks...

Vick will show his magic, and he won't be stopped

Our D wont allow more than 100 yards rushing...

Delo will have a huge game, with a pick and a fumble recovery(Or Fumble Forced)

Hopefully my homer predictions will be right :twisted: