It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: That whacky Terrell Owens...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Man, am I glad he didn't come to Atlanta. And hey 'Comp, not only is he a loud mouth, he leads the NFC in dropped passes. :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=2214754

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:41 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

They should have just restructured his contract. They had $12 million in cap room. TO would be happy here because we pay our star players what they're worth. Sure TO drops passes, but he makes up for it by catching 80+ a year for a ton of yardage & TD's. Big differance. See that 91 yard hitch play he made against Champ Bailey? TO is money and the Eagles may be the worst organization in the NFL in terms of taking care of their players. Sure, pay McNabb but don't pay the guy who came to play at the Super Bowl with a recently broken leg & played his ass off. Does that not make sense to anyone else?

I don't like TO's personality, but you cannot question his heart & ability on the field. The problem is TO is 32 years old & starting to have issues with his legs, so he wants to finish his career strong financially. I'm sure he has made plenty of money, but he should be one of the top 3 highest paid WR's in football without question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:22 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The_Incomparable wrote:
They should have just restructured his contract. They had $12 million in cap room. TO would be happy here because we pay our star players what they're worth. Sure TO drops passes, but he makes up for it by catching 80+ a year for a ton of yardage & TD's. Big differance. See that 91 yard hitch play he made against Champ Bailey? TO is money and the Eagles may be the worst organization in the NFL in terms of taking care of their players. Sure, pay McNabb but don't pay the guy who came to play at the Super Bowl with a recently broken leg & played his ass off. Does that not make sense to anyone else?

I don't like TO's personality, but you cannot question his heart & ability on the field. The problem is TO is 32 years old & starting to have issues with his legs, so he wants to finish his career strong financially. I'm sure he has made plenty of money, but he should be one of the top 3 highest paid WR's in football without question.

and TO would KILL to play in atlanta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:58 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

GSUTeke wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:

and TO would KILL to play in atlanta

You bet your ass he would. He watched us give Price sick amounts of money in the hopes he could do something close to what TO does. He knows we would pay him, although I seriously doubt he would pass the filter at this point. Too bad, if we could sign him for 3 years he could help the young guys & get us to a couple Super Bowls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The_Incomparable wrote:

And when a receiver has a bad year, he should offer to restructure his contract to a lower salary, right?
No one held a gun to Owens head to sign that contract. He's getting what he deserves and so is Philly.

Post subject: I can't stand Terrell Owens!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:29 am 

He is the definition of the me player in sports.He could careless about team chemistry and winning as long as he gets his stats.Even if some team gave him the money he wants sooner or later he is going to open his mouth agains as soon as another receiver gets more money than him.If he could just shut his mouth take the millions given to him and play football without all the off the field antics he would be great.

One other if owens is unhappy with mcnabb what do you think he would be with vick since vick can't get the ball to the receviers?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:02 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:

And when a receiver has a bad year, he should offer to restructure his contract to a lower salary, right?
No one held a gun to Owens head to sign that contract. He's getting what he deserves and so is Philly.

Yeah, Peerless should have restructured. Now he is on the bench behind a couple of 30-something WR's whose best days make his look like a one hit wonder. Angry, that may be the dumbest post I have read. Owens put his career on the line to try & get Philly a Super Bowl trophy & they completely turned on him for asking to be paid what he was worth. If you don't like it that's on you, but guys should get paid what they're worth & TO is worth a lot more than Peerless who WAS making the same amount of money almost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:08 am 
Superstar
Superstar

The_Incomparable wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:

TO is a top flight Wr, no doubt, and I agree with you to a point. He should be paid the big bucks, but that being said, he should never had signed a 7 year deal. He's obligated to honor that contract. Maybe he should have signed a one year deal or an incentive laiden contract instead? Either way, it was his choice.

Yeah, Peerless should have restructured. Now he is on the bench behind a couple of 30-something WR's whose best days make his look like a one hit wonder. Angry, that may be the dumbest post I have read. Owens put his career on the line to try & get Philly a Super Bowl trophy & they completely turned on him for asking to be paid what he was worth. If you don't like it that's on you, but guys should get paid what they're worth & TO is worth a lot more than Peerless who WAS making the same amount of money almost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:52 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

It's a shame really, because this offense really needs a Owens-caliber receiver.

Honestly, the money is the main reason why I wouldn't want T.O. in Atlanta. We just couldn't afford him, even at his current salary.

But I would take him just for a two or so years, just so that he can jumpstart this offense, and give us a weapon that could give us some threat in the air.

Would Vick become a great passer just from having T.O. on the team? No, but he would improve greatly because he would finally have a type of receiver that he can be confident in (like he is with Crump) and that can actually get open and make big plays (unlike our other WRs).

Would T.O. be happy only catching 60 or so passes here in Atlanta? No, but if he could keep his mouth shut for a bit, he might get a Super Bowl ring out of it.

Of course that's the big question? Could T.O. be happy only catching 3 balls per game? He blew up against Knapp and other OCs in the past when he thought he was being underused.

But if I'm McKay right now, the act of acquiring T.O. is just too much of an obstacle for me. We'd have to send a draft pick to Philly for him, and plus there will be an expectation from OWens/Rosenhaus that we would pay him the $$ he wants.

But if I'm McKay, I'd put out feelers to see what type of draft compensation the Eagles are looking for (I'd assume a #2 or #3)...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:58 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
but if he could keep his mouth shut for a bit,

We know that isn't going to happen. He's proven it time and time again. For a guy who cherishes money so much, he doesn't learn his lesson very well. Every time he opens his yap, it is causing him to lose thousands and thousands of dollars.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
Quote:
but if he could keep his mouth shut for a bit,

We know that isn't going to happen. He's proven it time and time again. For a guy who cherishes money so much, he doesn't learn his lesson very well. Every time he opens his yap, it is causing him to lose thousands and thousands of dollars.....

Quoted for truth. Roddy White looks damn good today though!