Grilled bird?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Big Dave
Role Player
Role Player

Grilled bird?

Postby Big Dave » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:57 pm

Hey, guys. I'm from your FRN Dolphis representative site: phinfever. I look forward to some friendly "jawing" with you all. At this point the Falcons are the better team, but I'm hoping we can steal one from you. Potentially, we can be a lot to handle offensively and defensively.

I think I'll go for Grilled Falcon under the feet of Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams this week, but there isn't much meat on those bones;)
Proud loser of the Dolphins-Falcons avatar bet;)

Phinfever Blog

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Grilled bird?

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:17 pm

Big Dave wrote:Hey, guys. I'm from your FRN Dolphis representative site: phinfever. I look forward to some friendly "jawing" with you all. At this point the Falcons are the better team, but I'm hoping we can steal one from you. Potentially, we can be a lot to handle offensively and defensively.

I think I'll go for Grilled Falcon under the feet of Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams this week, but there isn't much meat on those bones;)

I like how you used the word "bones" and Ricky Williams in the same sentence. :lol:

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:38 pm

should be a fun game...at least for us it should be.... :D

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:59 am

Honestly I am scared about this game. While I was supremely confident about the Jets & Saints games, Miami is a totally different story.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:59 am

I agree, the Falcons cannot be as sloppy vs. Miami as they were at times vs. Jets and Saints. Miami is a significantly stronger team, with a more established running attack than either of our 2 previous opponents could put on the field, and a tougher defense.

I expect the Falcons to win, but I'm not as confident about it as I was the past two weeks. We'll have to win in a similar fashion, meaning establishing the run and forcing turnovers. But I think we'll need a little bit more from the passing game, and also to prove that the Jets game was not just an aberration and we can stop the run.

I think it's going to be close. It seems easy to say each week, but this one of those games that the Falcons have to win if they want to show the world and themselves that they belong in the class of the NFC.

Carolina came down to Miami in Week 3 and lost in a very close game.

The Falcons have not been able to get inspired in road games this year. And that needs to change, because home field is far from guaranteed for us.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Big Dave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Big Dave » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:59 pm

It should be a good game, but you never know which Dolphins team will show up. They usually show up for the home fans.
Proud loser of the Dolphins-Falcons avatar bet;)

Phinfever Blog

Return to “The Huddle”