It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dwayne Slay
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:13 am 
Veteran
Veteran

This is the type of player I would love to see starting in our secondary next season in place of Brian Scott...

http://www.redraiders.com/stories/10180 ... 5009.shtml

http://poststuff4.entensity.net/101905/ ... a=slay.wmv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:30 am 
Veteran
Veteran

FS Dwayne Slay, Sr. - 23 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 broken up pass ... The former JUCO transfer had a nice first season, and now he should be dominant with one of the nation's best blends of size and speed. He's 6-3 and 215 pounds and with legitimate 4.4 speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:49 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Maryland has a linebacker that runs a legit 4.4 and is a little bigger than Slade. Honestly, a run stuffing safety is almost a dime a dozen this draft with Greg Blue (UGA), Slade (TT), and others flooding the draft. It may be a good time to pickup a coverage safety to play Free and one of those mashers as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:09 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

That reminds me! Did you guys see the TE for Maryland? Vernon Davis (aka "The Duke") is one of those rare physical and skilled talents that could become a dominant force in the NFL. He's 6-3 250 lbs, runs a 4.41 40, and has only 3% body fat! He's also is one of the most prolific TEs in terms of his stats. He's a JR, so there is a slight chance he will come out early, and I think he could be one of those standouts like Matt Jones that ends up getting taken earlier than everyone might have thought. I would certainly like having someone like that to compliment Alge in 2 TE sets. He could also be lined up in the slot and be a serious mismatch for the defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:55 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

and that kid from Maryland also could be converted to linebacker....he'd be a beast...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:28 pm 
Starter
Starter

Now that is what you call a hit. Damn, I just wonder how he is in pass coverage. And are you guys talking about D'Qwell Jackson? That guy is a beast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I just saw Slay play a deep ball perfectly & tip it to one of his corners for a pick against Texas. I have to say I am a little impressed with his range and would be willing take a shot on him.

Of course as I write this texas hit a deep pass and I found out that NFL Draft Scout has Slay listed as running a 4.83....lol