It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 4 Power Rankings
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The Falcons have moved up in the ESPN Power Rankings from 7th to 4th. Here are the top ten.

1. Colts
2. Eagles (who we beat!)
3. Bengals
4. Falcons
5. Tampa
6. Steelers
7. Chargers
8. Broncos
9. Patriots
10. Giants

Funny that the Redskins at 3-0 are getting even less love than we usually do. They came in at #11. Of course I agree that the Redskins are so lucky it isn't funny and could very well be 0-3, but then again so could Tampa and they got to #5 so.....

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The Bucs are there because Cadillac has been running wild....The 'Skins are the luckiest team in football right now and they will implode any moments now.....I can't believe the Eagles are number two...hell if one loss doesn't mean anything then why are the Steelers at 6? I am not sure the Bengals belong at three either...I know they are undefeated but who have they beat?

Post subject: Texans
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:59 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The Bengals barely beat the Texans on Sunday *cough, tuck rule, cough* so they have not been tested just yet.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:38 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

when the Bungles manage to beat a good team I will give them credit...they have a lot of potential on that team but they should have killed the Texans...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:09 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Bucs-should have lost to the Lions, one of the most blatant abuses of review ever took place to give the Bucs that game.

Skins-give me a f-in break. Who wants the over/under for over 6 wins this season?

Steelers-are you kidding me? They lost to the defending world champs & drop out of the top 5???? Wow, just wow.

Eagles-well, who have they played since us honestly? Raiders, KC, & someone else...can we get a defense to play against the Eagles please? Thank you.

Falcons-I could care less what they say about us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:31 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The_Incomparable wrote:
Falcons-I could care less what they say about us.

that's punk rock

Post subject: Eagles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:49 am 
Superstar
Superstar

The Eagles also played the 49ers.... yep they sure earned that #2 position.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Re: Eagles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:51 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:

MF1

With the exception of Brett Farve, the media doesn't swing on anyone elses nutsack more than McNabb's. Let 'em swing away, the less attention the Falcons get, the more focused and determined they can be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:52 pm 

I prefer too be the underdog all the time. The more disrespect the Falcons get the more fuel our guys have to play better and harder. Too many teams get complacent when they become the "best."

Let us continue to be the underdog.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:07 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
MarylandFalcon1 wrote:

MF1

With the exception of Brett Farve, the media doesn't swing on anyone elses nutsack more than McNabb's. Let 'em swing away, the less attention the Falcons get, the more focused and determined they can be.

Well, in a way, Brett Farve deserves it...he is a future hall of famer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:03 am 
Superstar
Superstar

mickvick302 wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
MarylandFalcon1 wrote:

MF1

Well, in a way, Brett Farve deserves it...he is a future hall of famer

Maybe so, but I've never seen antone get praised more than he for making stupid decisions and throwing picks. When Vick throws a pick, it's a bad throw and so on, when Favre does it, it's just beinmg a gunslinger like he is.[/b]

Post subject: Favre
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I watched something on him a while back and the whole 'gunslinger' thing did get played, but what I really found interesting was this little session between him and his offensive Q.

Offensive Q: Ok, Brett, lets watch all the INTs you have had this season so far and try to break down what went wrong.

Favre: Ok

*the two watch the video*

Offensive Q: So what do you think?

Favre: One second, now let's watch all my TDs.

What this means to me is the guy is uncoachable or bigger than a team. Anyone who refuses to learn from his mistakes (and he makes more and more every year as his arm and overall mental speed slows) cannot be your starting QB. When you age you have to make adjustments for that and he refuses to do so because the press call him a 'gunslinger' (which has to make you feel pretty cool) AND he is the almight Brett Favre, lord of Green Bay (by the way Jevon, get to camp! You signed a contract). The guy has lost it and the Packers need to move on.

MF1

J. Mora JR.