It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Schaub/R. White
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:58 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Did you notice that R. White got several passes thrown his way by Schaub late in the Vikings game? Was this because Mora was looking to get the kid some exp or was it that Schaub was more comfortable with him from working with him on the second team? Just a question I thought I would put out there.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:03 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

during the preseason i think all of roddy's catches were from schaub. i remember in the game where he hurt his ankle i think he may have caught 4 catches from schuab (and perhaps detmer) before getting hurt. schaub seems to have a better report with roddy than vick.
but didn't roddy catch one from vick in the minnesota game? his first catch was for a first down coming back on his knees and i think it was from vick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:12 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I am leaning towards Schaub has more comfort with Roddy. If you remember the end or the Seahawks game, that last pass that went incomplete was supposed to go to Roddy. Granted the reason Roddy was in the game so much at the end was to get him experience, but I am sure him and Schaub have gotten a lot of reps together.

I have to say that I do like the ability of Roddy to get open. If he can just sure up those hands, which I assume is more Rookie jitters than anything, he could be a big asset to us in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:52 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yes, Roddy's first catch came from Vick. I also noted in my game review that I thought Roddy's efforts vs. Minnesota was because he had a stronger rapport with Schaub because they've been working together on the 2nd team all year long.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Schaub Crap
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

What are yall talking about?I could have a good rapport with White if we worked on the 2nd team with the Falcons,or even if we worked at McDonalds..(Cheese on 12),thats for all those Mickey D's peeps out there.Anyway the point being is that I can't see what all the fuss is about schaub is.I see on other forums,like the falcons website forum,and people are calling him great.And he should be starting,and all this crap.well,I don't see it or why.The vikings left all those wide lanes open because they thought he was gonna come out throwing.And we ran,and...he ran,which is good.But the passes he got so much credit for throwing(the out of bounds passes,cause no one was open),Vick would have ran those suckers for positive yards.And lets not forget that in the Pre-Season,Teams blitzed Vick all the time.Schaub comes out and boom,where is the blitz?Gone.we play vanilla defense against Schaub.Detmer is the only QB that i saw move this team at the speed of 'blitzkrieg',for the falcons this year.No im saying he should start,but he is further along than Vick,and alot better than the great one,Matt Schaub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:06 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

You might want to post this with the idiots on the Falcons Message Board. None of us here buy that Schaub overhyping junk people talk about. He is a solid backup, but we all know this team would stuggle to win 6 games with him starting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I wouldn't call Ty Detmer better than Shaub, but he does understand our offense better than any other player on our team...Shaub isn't ready to be a starter, if he was we'd have a ton of teams knocking on our door trying to trade for him...Shaub's success in the pre-season did have a lot to do with the fact that he was playing against 2-3 teamers...He is a solid QB and as far as back-up QB's go I feel way more comfortable with him in the game that I did with Doug Johnson...no of this pertains to the question of the thread though...the point we were trying to make is that due to the fact that Roddy practiced/played with Shaub all preseaon the two have more of a relationship on the field than Roddy and Vick do....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:54 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I think the ability of him to get open has something to do with his highschool/college wrestling career...Gave him a bit of an aggressive edge maybe?