Brooking

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar

Brooking

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:31 pm

The guy has stepped up. A Sack and an Int this week and another Sack last week have helped. He is getting his stride back and isn't missing so many tackles. Still, our best LB is DeMO. The guy is SO fast. He will run down anyone, and if he touches you he does not let go. NFL Monday Quarterback (Ditka) said the Falcons have the very best front seven in the league to this point.

MF1
"I am certainly not afraid to have Brian Finneran on the field. Has he ever not made plays? He just makes plays. He is one of those guys that just makes plays. He is dependable."

J. Mora JR.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:45 pm

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:NFL Monday Quarterback (Ditka) said the Falcons have the very best front seven in the league to this point.

I'm not sure I would go that far. A team that ranks 22nd vs. the run doesn't typically sound like one that has a great front 7. But I do agree that on our good days we definitely rank with the best in the league.

I think Lavalais played great yesterday. It seems our front 7 play very well at home, but less so on the road. It's great that they are easily energized by the home crowd, but if this team is expecting to win some tough games on the road (Dolphins, Bucs, Panthers, Lions), they need to start finding ways to energize themselves.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:02 pm

The best front 7 in the league to this point? Wow. I would have to give that honor to, get this, the Denver Broncos right now. They shut down the Chiefs running game on Monday Night and then shut down Fred Taylor of the Jags, holding him to 14 yards rushing. I never thought I would say this but those Cleveland Browns linemen the Broncos picked up, along with the dominant Trevor Pryce, has created a possible monster in Denver.
Props to Scar for my sig.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:41 pm

Lord knows Denver has the best starting LB's in football...I think we would rank high up there but Ian Gold, Al Wilson, and DJ Williams, that's crazy!!!

Return to “The Huddle”