It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brooking
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:31 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The guy has stepped up. A Sack and an Int this week and another Sack last week have helped. He is getting his stride back and isn't missing so many tackles. Still, our best LB is DeMO. The guy is SO fast. He will run down anyone, and if he touches you he does not let go. NFL Monday Quarterback (Ditka) said the Falcons have the very best front seven in the league to this point.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:45 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
NFL Monday Quarterback (Ditka) said the Falcons have the very best front seven in the league to this point.

I'm not sure I would go that far. A team that ranks 22nd vs. the run doesn't typically sound like one that has a great front 7. But I do agree that on our good days we definitely rank with the best in the league.

I think Lavalais played great yesterday. It seems our front 7 play very well at home, but less so on the road. It's great that they are easily energized by the home crowd, but if this team is expecting to win some tough games on the road (Dolphins, Bucs, Panthers, Lions), they need to start finding ways to energize themselves.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:02 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The best front 7 in the league to this point? Wow. I would have to give that honor to, get this, the Denver Broncos right now. They shut down the Chiefs running game on Monday Night and then shut down Fred Taylor of the Jags, holding him to 14 yards rushing. I never thought I would say this but those Cleveland Browns linemen the Broncos picked up, along with the dominant Trevor Pryce, has created a possible monster in Denver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:41 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Lord knows Denver has the best starting LB's in football...I think we would rank high up there but Ian Gold, Al Wilson, and DJ Williams, that's crazy!!!