It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roddy White the key to the passing game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:16 am 

I am hoping Roddy is the receiver we have been looking for since Knapp installed his offense.All through training camp before he got injured we heard from Deangelo and falcon players how White stood out and has the size speed to be a threat.I could careless he is a rookie.Tampa Bay last year had Mark Clayton do very well and there are some others that as rookies did well.I don't want to here the excuse receiver is a hard position to learn.Another key I believe White has good hands something we are not used to.All this talk of the passing game developing not only is it on vick but I think roddy can be a difference maker to give other teams to think about are passing game.

Well soon see as roddy is expected to get many more minutes and has almost recovered from his ankle sprain.I look forward to the day when teams fear the passing game as the run.I don't know if vick will ever be a great passer but the threat of it will make the running game that much stronger.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:00 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The funny thing is, and I'm sure some of you will lose all your newfound respect for me, I think Jenkins is that guy. I think Jenkis will be a Terrell Owens type of WR that we so desperately need. Roddy White, if he learns how he benefits from Jenkins could easily be a Steve Smith or even Torry Holt type of receiver. I think we just need to establish Jenkins while Roddy is on the field this year, which will in turn open up Roddy for the playoffs & beyond. The problem right now is Roddy is our not so secret weapon & he is drawing double coverage as a rookie, as evidenced by the ending of the Seatlle game and the end of the first half of the Eagles game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:37 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I think of Jenkins as a faster Mushin Mohammed. He's more responsible and team oriented than TO and doesn't have the potential to be as prolific. I think he could be very dangerous for us. Maybe he could be as good or better than Plaxico Burress, and then Roddy could be our Hines Ward. That would be a fabulous combination to compliment our running game. If they could simply catch between 65-85 passes a year, I'd say we'd have a successful passing game. Throw in Alge and Griffith, and you have a very dangerous receiving corp for Vick to toss to. I'd be very with that offense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:51 am 

That is some very wishful thinking. Having a Holt & Owens like receiving combo?

Personally as it stands today I think we will likely have something along the lines of Toomer/Hilliard combo. Of course the worst case is both receivers tank and we still suck. I think in a best case scenario we have a Keyshawn Johnson/Joey Galloway combination (a young version of it) but with less attitude.

Guys like Owens & Holt came into the league and lit it up their first season. It wasn't a gradual ascention to a top receiver. It's pretty rare someone just blows up and turns into an Elite receiver overnight or even over the long term. Elite receivers are elite because few NFL receivers are capable of that type of production and they usually produce like that their entire career (unless your name is Jerry Rice and play wayyyyyyyy too long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:20 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
The funny thing is, and I'm sure some of you will lose all your newfound respect for me, I think Jenkins is that guy. I think Jenkis will be a Terrell Owens type of WR that we so desperately need. Roddy White

Actually, Mora compares Rowdy Roddy to a young TO, physically and how they play, minus the childish behavior. I like the way Jenkins has played sans a few drops, but that hopefully will change. It may take a season or two, but I do like our young receivers in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I am more concerned with Roddy being Roddy and Jenks being Jenks.

The one word that almost everyone has used when discussing Roddy is playmaker. And we all know who "The Playmaker" was. I hope he can be like him........minus the cocaine and prostitutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:59 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

vickisthebest wrote:
I am more concerned with Roddy being Roddy and Jenks being Jenks.

The one word that almost everyone has used when discussing Roddy is playmaker. And we all know who "The Playmaker" was. I hope he can be like him........minus the cocaine and prostitutes.

LMFAO!!! That would be awesome though. Then all we would need is that dominant & durable guy in the backfield to make it all come together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:59 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Roddy does show some things that I havn't seen any of our other recievers do, he attacks the ball. Jenks and Dez and Peerless all let the ball come to them, Roddy (and Alge for that matter) go up after the ball. They will stop a route short and jump over someone. Roddy's physical skills set reminds me of TO. I am not saying he will be as good as TO nor am I trying to draw any concrete comparisons between the two but they play the game the same way. IF Roddy can develop along the same lines as TO then we are going to look really smart drafing him, but that is still an if. I am not nor have I ever been all that impressed with Jenks. He just doesn't look like he competes for the ball well enough. Granted I am saying this without having seen him play a lot (since he only caught 7 balls last year, and we havn't thrown all that much so far this year) but he hasn't shown me a whole lot. I am happy to see that he has slipped behind the safties for the last two teams we played but I am not sure if that was a result of his play, or the fact that everyone was in the box to stop the run...

Post subject: Jenks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:34 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Unless you count the preseason then Roddy hasn't beat anyone on a deep ball. I do give Jenks some credit, the guy has been open in both games (Seattle twice even) on long balls that he caught, missed, or was overthrown on. The guy can at least get behind a defense.

MF1