It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lavalais FINED FOR HIT ON MCNABB!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:26 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Wow, the NFL doesn't play favorites at all. Next thing they're going to say Hall can't play man on T.O.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:07 am 
Veteran
Veteran

ridiculous...that was a clean hit. I heard some announcers (forget who) on ESPN saying it themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:00 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

you are taught to run through the runner on a tackle and that is what they did
if all this keeps up we will play touch or flag football very soon

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:01 pm 

Next in the line of rule ascension is the new "no hit" rule on the Quarterback. If a defensive player so much as breathes on the QB he'll be fined and suspended for the season.

Even the NFL rules committee has Eagle love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:03 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

It wasn't a clean hit by NFL rules. He led with his helmet. It was a blatant "cheap shot" according to NFL rules.

I believe the rules are that you cannot lead with your helmet when tackling a player and hit them above the numbers. For QBs, the rules are that you cannot hit them above the waist. Since that is the case, Lavalais hit McNabb square in the numbers, and he broke the rules and deserved the fine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:20 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Pudge wrote:
It wasn't a clean hit by NFL rules. He led with his helmet. It was a blatant "cheap shot" according to NFL rules.

I believe the rules are that you cannot lead with your helmet when tackling a player and hit them above the numbers. For QBs, the rules are that you cannot hit them above the waist. Since that is the case, Lavalais hit McNabb square in the numbers, and he broke the rules and deserved the fine.

Ah Pudge, you take all the fun out of being a fan.

We don't need no stinkin' logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:46 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I was just in class listening tosome old guy act as if it was the dirtiest thing he ever seen. He said "that guy" should be suspended. Even though Madden and Michales said it looked clean to them.

He also started making fun of Mathis saying that when Trotter was yanking his helmet thats when he hurt himself. Said something along the lines of a squirrel cant fight a lion. Thats when I interrupted by saying Trotter fights like a little girl by grabbing on things and yanking it around like it was a dick.

I then asked him if he really thought Trotter not playing and that hit on McNabb was responsible for the eagles loss and he said absolutely. He said we stood no chance of winning if Trotter played and McNabb didnt get hurt from an illegal hit. He said we played dirty, then I laughed at him and he got pissed. The dude was like 50 so I just let it go.

I love being a Falcon fan around all these pathetic Eagle homers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:53 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

trotter is a real man for starting a fight with a guy half his damn size. start something with brooking or hartwell, not mathis for godsakes. mathis had his damn back turned to him and trotter starts talking crap. he deserved a bitchslap.
the whole eagles dancing on the falcon emblem thing was an obvious slap in the face. "oh we were just doing our thing" is a load of crap. they deserved to be bumrushed for that kind of disrespect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

After watching the replay during the game, I was actually shocked that he didn't get a flag for the hit. He led with his head and I figured something would happen. I just don't think you should be fined if the refs don't throw a flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:56 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Lavalais did lead with his head, but to my understanding that rule is to prevent spearing. Lavalais seemed to have his head up and didn't lead with the crown of his helmet. Thus it looked like a clean hit to Madden, Michaels, and the rest of us football people who know the rules. Since when has it been illegal to put your facemask on another guy's numbers when tackling him? That's perfect technique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:44 pm 

Yulin wrote:
...when, he came onto the Falcon side of the field and pushed Mathis first. Yeah, the ref should be fined.

I lost a lot of respect for the Eagles after this game.

What is really classic is how people are joking about "which player is Mathis going to get kicked out next." Maybe they should actually watch the tape before making such observations. Mathis was defending his turf after Trotter decided to get cocky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:40 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah I'm not really liking the amount of favoritism the Eagles have been shown. When you go to tackle someone they teach you to put your head about number high & accelerate through the tackle. The problem is that McNabb was moving to his right because B.Smith was breathing down his neck, so it was really McNabb's pocket movement that caused the hit to be "dirty". Nice to see Salisbery tell it like it is & leave it up to the uber dork Clayton to take the bitch answer.