Rod is Awesome!

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

jatkin11
Veteran
Veteran

Rod is Awesome!

Postby jatkin11 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:22 am

Man... he simply gets the job done. The last play (the Eagle's 5th down) was 100% Rod all the way. He just refuses to lose.

On a side note, and this has probably already been discussed, I thought we got the shaft on the ref situation. Thought Vick's 1st fumble should have been an incomplete pass, and in general thought we got the raw end of the deal on penalties.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:08 am

Well it could have gone either way. When I saw it I knew it was borderline on getting over turned. But the hand did go forward without the ball.
Fear the BEARD!

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:15 am

dirtybirdnw wrote:Well it could have gone either way. When I saw it I knew it was borderline on getting over turned. But the hand did go forward without the ball.

And that's the problem, it's got to at least start forward with the ball. Vick's fumblitis has got to be cured someway somehow...

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:15 pm

His hand DID start forward with the ball, but when it gets swatted backwards it's so tough for refs to go against their instincts & believe what they're seeing. From the rear camera you could clearly see his hand START to go forward with the ball, after that it should have been a moot point...but it never is with those kinds of calls. If they see the ball go backwards it mUSt have been a fumble in their eyes.

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:16 pm

We all forget the key word in overturning a play. Conclusive! I saw the play the 100 times that abc showed it, and I still dont know if its a fumble or not.

Return to “The Huddle”