It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: T.O. selling NFC Title Ring
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:57 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

T.O. SELLING NFC TITLE RING

Our friends at pick2pick.com have tipped us off to the fact that Eagles receiver Terrell Owens is donating his NFC Championship ring to the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.

Calling the ring his "most prized possession," Owens apparently will be auctioning the thing off to the highest bidder on his web site.

But is Owens' supposed act of charity an implicit slap in the face to the team with which he won the ring? Coming on the heels of a report that the Eagles are squatting on $12 million in 2005 cap room -- none of which the team intends to give to him -- the answer to that question might be, "Hell, yes."

And perhaps Owens should use some of the money raised to hire someone who can read, write, and spell at an eighth-grade level to prepare the text for his web site.

http://www.profootballtalk.com

Also, check out what he wrote on his website.
http://www.terrellowens.com/press/news.php?newsid=35

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I just see it all as another stunt in what is sure to be a long line of them this season. Here's to hoping TO helps Philly self destruct this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:59 am 

Nothing will ever live up to Owens' sharpie stunt. That is straight classic. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:10 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

no doubt about that Sharpe stunt being probably the alltime classis touchdown celebration in NFL history.
I have a hard time believing that NFC championship game ring is TO's "most prized posession." he wasn't on the field when that was won and you know his ego comes into play there.
In the end though I guess it works out 2 ways. first off TO gets to get rid of that ring he doesn't really want and secondly the Red Cross gets some cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:32 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

GSUTeke wrote:
I have a hard time believing that NFC championship game ring is TO's "most prized posession."

I agree. If I could get inside T.O.'s skin for a second, I would think that his supposed most prized possession is not so prized, because T.O. probably thinks he'll get another one. And after all, it's a NFC CHampionship ring. No one really cares about those. It's the Super Bowl ring that matters. I doubt there are many players out there that wear their Super Bowl and Conf. Championship rings on the same hand or even at the same time at all. If they have SB rings, they probably have the CC rings in a drawer somewhere.

Now I need to take a shower for being in T.O.'s skin for that time. I've been contaminated and have a sudden urge to want more money :P

And as for T.O. stunts, I still love the mock Ray Lewis TD dance. At that moment I had become a T.O. fan, because how many NFL players would have the gall to make fun of Ray Lewis when the man is no more than 5 yards away and has been known to allegedly stab people? Since then of course, my feelings for T.O. have soured. He's been replaced by Chad Johnson (who BTW should be a Falcon :evil:).

Profile E-mail