NFC South Preview

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

NFC South Preview

Postby starley657 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:32 am

Here is a link to a NFC South preview from yahoo. Just thought I would share it. It says we should win 10 or 11 and compete with Carolina for the division.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=n ... &type=lgns

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:54 pm

I kinda like it that people are giving the Panthers the edge in the division race right now. I like it when the Falcons have something to prove.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

GuitarHeroJunkie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby GuitarHeroJunkie » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:59 pm

I totally agree Pudge. Besides, if it comes down to Falcons vs Panthers, I like our chances considering our previous record against them. It seems people still think that the Falcons are a bit of a joke or maybe a "Cinderella" team. A one hitn wonder if you will. I like being the underdog so we can prove to the world that we are for real.

erik86
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hey

Postby erik86 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:58 am

Pudge, your so negative. How many time's do I have to tell you this is our division? Carolina is a wild card team, that is it.

[url]Falconsdailydouble.blogspot.com Falcons Daily!!![/url]

FalconAwesome
Starter
Starter

Postby FalconAwesome » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:43 pm

Here they go talking about our exploitable safeties--I dont want to see us beat on several deep balls a game so I am hoping the coaches have a plan. Bend but dont break is okay but lets not get crazy. Here's to trusting the coaches and hoping our guys come out strong!!!! Go Falcons

MadBirdMike
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MadBirdMike » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:29 pm

FalconAwesome wrote:Here they go talking about our exploitable safeties--I dont want to see us beat on several deep balls a game so I am hoping the coaches have a plan. Bend but dont break is okay but lets not get crazy. Here's to trusting the coaches and hoping our guys come out strong!!!! Go Falcons

Trusting the coaches only goes so far. I want back to back winning seasons. This team has more of a Jim Mora feel now than a Reeves taint.

Also, didn't we have a bend but don't break defense a few years ago that got slaughtered in the Super Bowl by a calm and confident QB?

Return to “The Huddle”