It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Price's agent
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:21 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Said something along the lines that we shouldve released Price in June, that wouldve been the "professional" thing to do. And added that now Price can move on with his career as a reciever not as a blocker.

heh f*** agents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:27 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

sour grapes or somethin'...oh well, no real big loss for us. Perhaps if Price could have ever got some seperation then we would not have asked him to block so much,

and yeah, F--- agents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:45 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

mywebname wrote:
sour grapes or somethin'...oh well, no real big loss for us. Perhaps if Price could have ever got some seperation then we would not have asked him to block so much,

and yeah, F--- agents

Exactly. And why is it so many people are nuthugging this guy now? If you can't be a #1 receiver on the best running team in the world, then how is it this guy is going to be a "solid #2 for some team"? A solid #2 is Reggie Wayne or Isaac Bruce, not Peerless Price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:15 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well I think the agent has a point. The Falcons knew going into training camp and the month of June in that if Roddy White continued to impress and Michael Jenkins did nothing to jeopardize his starting spot, they weren't going to keep Price.

So in truth, the Falcons went through the motions on Price, only keeping in case something bad happened.

IMO, the "professional" thing would have been to cut Price, when he was simply an insurance policy. I'm not saying the Falcons were overtly wrong for keeping Price as long as they did, but they knew (at least I think they did) that he was a longshot to make the roster.

It is a case of sour grapes, and I really think his agents comments were pointed at Knapp & Vick because they were "promised" a passing offense where Peerless would b the #1 target, and ended up in a very run-first offense where Peerless blocked most of the time.

I'm not saying the agent is right, but I think he does have a point. And had you been repping Peerless, you would have said the same thing.

But in the end, yes f@!k agents :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Price nor his agent should complain about anything. Price made out like a bandit with a lot of money for nothing. Price's getting cut, no matter when it happened, was a result of Price's actions.
And yes I agree that we probably knew we weren't taking Price into this season, but Iagree with us hanging on to him as long as possible. The team was looking after their best interests and to me that is what is important. Peerless was more than adequately compensated for his troubles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:43 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Seriously, must be nice to get $10 million+ from a bunch of people you "hate".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:42 pm 

ESPN has Price signing with Dallas to be their #3. That's a marriage that could work.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:12 pm 
Starter
Starter

ESPN reports- The Dallas Cowboys won the Peerless Price sweepstakes Saturday, reaching agreement on a one-year contract worth $2 mill[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:23 pm 

And Price is still stealing candy from babies. He's due to make what $9 million over the next two seasons and isn't even remotely close to being a start again? Must be nice.