It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corey Simon would the Falcons go after him?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:06 pm 

I guess the questions do the falcon's have enough money to sign Simon,will the falcon's pursue him and is he worth the money he wants? We know Simon is similar to Coleman in size and he can get to the QB.Having Babineaux do the falcon's need Simon? If Babineaux is further along than we think I believe Mckay saves the money and lets Babineaux develop.Couldn't Babineaux play def end?Does our front four need Simon to matchup with Carolina or Philly? The way the defense performed in the championship of the NFC I wouldn't mind Simon.Most teams have to go through the steps to become a dynasty.For years the eagles kept losing in the NFC Championship now they made it to the super bowl.Players like Simon don't become available often all the more reason to look at him.A front four of Kerney,Coleman,Simon, and I will say Babineaux/Billiups since Brady Smith is questionable.I think that front four could get some heat on a QB.Would we be in cap hell though if we got Simon?Also consider the number of free agents at end of the year that may be let go.Can Simon make the defense a force like Philly's was last year even without Simon?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:30 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I really don't think we are a player in that one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:33 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I like Simon as much as the next guy, but he is in the prime of his career, he's 28, and will command bukoo bucks. I'm not sure the Falcons have the money to sign him to a long term deal like he is seeking.

If we have the money, I'd like to see another corner come in and play opposite Hall. The front four we have now would see a lot more sacks if the coverage was a little tighter down field.

Post subject: Just read tha falcon's won't sign Simon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:30 pm 

I just read an article saying that the falcon's won't add any players before sept12.You can forget about simon or any free agent receiver!

Profile E-mail