It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did Magner hurt his chances?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:33 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I watched Cole and he came in to play with the second team the second they brought Matt in at QB. The announcers tried to blame the fall of western civilization on the guy after he lost that punt (by saying he was the guy who tipped it for the INT [Jenkins] and the guy who clipped on the punt [Mosley]) but really that was his only mistake. I don't believe he had a drop and he did have one catch, plus Schaub really wasn't taking any shots downfield after that INT. I did see he had been moved to the #4 WR_X spot on the depth chart so he has beaten out Brian Bratton (and Bratton was also bumped from the #2 punt return by Hall).

Just wondering what you guys are thinking.

MF1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:40 am 

We weren't looking to pass period. We had roughly 25 to 26 TOTAL attempts with our rushing game once again dominating. I don't know if it is pre season or what but we are barely even thinking about passing the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

With all the rain I can see why we didn't pass that much. I think Cole may have hurt his chances a little. He did make a few mistakes, the fumble being the biggest, but the coaches have to expect the rookies to do dumb things like that at some point. The key is how they respond to it. We didn't get to see Cole respond in this game, but I am sure he'll get one more chance to make an impression against MIA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:45 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Does he really have a chance though? They aren't going to cut one of Rowdy, Jenkins, Price, Dez White or Finneran. That's 5 receivers on team that only runs three receiver sets on rare occasions. I can see him going to the practice squad though....