It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coady cut
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:05 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

the AJC reported that Coady was released on Sunday, meaning that the safety position has been cleared up a bit more. It looks like McCadam and Heard may have cemented themselves as the #3 and #4 safeties, according to the AJC. I'm not so sure, but it would seem that McCadam, Pruitt, Mayer, and Newton are competing for what seems like no more than 2 roster spots. My guess is that McCadam and Pruitt have the best shots just because of their experience, but I was a bit impressed witht he player of Mayer and Newton in the Titans game. Both are active in run support.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:24 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

No great loss in Coady. If you can't cut it in the Rams secondary, it's hard to make it anywhere else. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:05 pm 

Pruitt is making strides. He's not quite there yet, but I think with more reps on defense, he could surpass McCadam. Who knows, we still have 2 games left, and Pruitt may beat out McCadam.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:44 pm 

McCadam is a pure special teams player much like Artie Ulmer was. I'm not totally sold on Pruitt but he is the most versitle of the two candidates. While I do like that our special teams unit is so great we need better depth at safety. Especially since it has been a venrable M*A*S*H unit the past few years (Scott, Carp, Hall, and McCadam were all out at one point).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:37 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

No surpise that we cut Coady, like someone said earlier if you get cut from the Rams secondary then you aint gonna make it hear. I like our starters at safety. But after that it's a luttle scary. If Scott and Carpenter can stay healthy then we'll be ok, but if they get hurt we'll be in trouble. Can't get much worse than last year though with Cory Hall. I think people underestimate Keion. Before he got hurt a lot of people were talking about him being an up and coming safety. He's got a nose for the ball that makes up for him speed and strength (or lack there of).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:17 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I was a little shocked to see Coady cut this early but Mora is doing the gentlemanly thing...